“An enjoyable experience” 5 of 5 stars

Shab Row East Street, Frederick, MD 21701
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Ayse Meze is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 364 Restaurants in Frederick
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, Lebanese, European, Spanish, Turkish, Greek
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: East Patrick and North East
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“An enjoyable experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

We started with a pomegranate mimosa and a Kolch. Both very good. Then out came our tapas. First the Saganki or Flaming cheese. Very dramatic. Cooked right in front of you to a nice melted consistency. Then the brukel lahanasi or delicious Brussel sprouts. The spanakopita seemed very fresh and had a tasty yogurt sauce. The Best part of the meal was the Adana. It was a tasty ground lamb skewer. It has another tasty yogurt sauce. I would probably skip the hunkar beggendi or lamb stew. Too full for dessert.

1 Thank karensphelps

Maryland
“What a delight!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

My friend and I decided to give this restaurant a try during a day of shopping in downtown Frederick. What a find! The room is lovely and the service was outstanding. But the food!!! The small plates were perfectly portioned so that we could taste and enjoy four different selections. Each was delicious, with interesting, complex flavors. Our only "complaint" is that there were so many, many choices to make. We finished with Turkish coffee and shared walnut cake. If only I lived closer..... But this will definitely be a "go to" restaurant the next time I am in Frederick.

• 4 of 5 stars
Baltimore, MD
“Fantastic gem of a restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

We went here for my mother's birthday dinner and ended up just in awe of the food! The place is very cool looking, and the outside patio looks like it would be divine in the summer. The waiter was very attentive and helpful. We ordered a ton of dishes and everything was just fantastic. Service was really good and the food is the star of this restaurant. Definitely the most fun and memorable birthday dinner yet! I plan on coming back here as much as possible!!

Fan favorites from our dinner: brussel sprouts, veal sweetbreads, fried calamari, the hummus sampler, seared sea scallops, beet salad, beef filet... everything was tender, delicious and just so wonderful! Great pairings for the ingredients of the dishes, and the flavors were just out of this world good. Seriously cannot say enough good things about this restaurant! Go here, you will not regret it!

Frederick, Maryland
“Great food, service, price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

This is a new favorite for us. Went here last night, and not having much experience with Greek fare, asked the waitress for her recommendations, and everything was very good. This is a great place for 2 or 4. I can see why it is getting great reviews. We will make this a regular stop.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank TW36T
Gettysburg, PA
“Tapas, Middle Eastern style”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Perfectly prepared sharable dishes! A little costly. A great place for a date. You MUST have the brussel sprouts! I know the picture I took of them isnt that appealing but I am telling you...omg. The scallops were very good but at about $6 per scallop I will try something else next time. The moussaka was very good as well. Nest time I will get a double order of brussel sprouts and the lamb stew. You must try this place! Think Greek, Turkish, Lebanese type food. If my review is helpful please click YES! Thank you!

• 2 of 5 stars