“Horrible Service”
Review of Ayse Meze Lounge

Ayse Meze Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
Ayse Meze Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 433 Restaurants in Frederick
Cuisines: Greek, Lebanese, Turkish
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: East Patrick and North East
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Went with a group of 12 women for a bridal/bachelorette dinner. We were seated on the patio. Drink orders came out in a fairly timely manner, initially. We waited for a very long time for the first courses to come out. They brought no plates, silverware or napkins. When we requested flatware, a server literally dumped a pile of forks and knives in front of the guest of honor on the table. I could not believe it. We then went and retrieved our own napkins and remaining flatware from the waitress station. The food came out VERY slowly. After two hours a few of the women still did not have some of their entrees, (filet mignon does not take hours to prepare) and ultimately we cancelled that portion as we were ready to leave. I have been to many restaurants over the years and I have to say this is the poorest service I have ever had. We were a very patient group, but were extremely dissapointed. I will say the food was great but I would not return, nor recommend.

2  Thank mixie-shasta

Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

Amazing food and atmosphere, truly one of these few authentic tasting restaurants in thee US. Who lnew that brussle sprouts could taste so great that we ordered a second bowl. Delicious lamb. Hoghly recommend this restaurnat

1  Thank Moli1121
Reviewed September 10, 2013

We went there about 4:00 for late lunch/early dinner thereby missing the reservation/formal dinning scene and rush. Seated us in the bar area which was fine as all tables in the restaurant are set up the same. (flowers, linen tablecloths, etc.) They serve small plates (meza) of Eastern Mediterranean cuisine in small dishes which is similar to Spanish tapas. Glad we went here. Food was outstanding. Service was good. 2011 Gamla Chardonnay (Israeli), recommended by our server, was excellent.

1  Thank 1Johnny1
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Well, I was very optimistic about this place. It was theirs to lose it all. I was seated and had to wait quite a while for the waiter to show up. He was a bit busy I suppose. When I asked him for his help with the menu he suggested a sampler dish. I agreed... But, I really wanted hot soup since the place was freezing. Guess I should have taken a seat outside where it was warm. No hot soup. They had plenty of vegetarian dishes which he could have chosen for me but that was not to be. He was more interested in serving me and getting rid of me. When I asked about diet coke he looked at me like I was speaking a different language. The food was interesting. I asked if I could have butter for the pita bread. Again... i was from another planet!!! I was willing to give them a 4 star placing but they ruined all that. :( I may return but it isn't on my list of priorities.

1  Thank Robert A
Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

While in Frederick for the day, my sister and I visited this restaurant on the recommendation of a neighboring business. What a find! The Mediterranean food was the best of its type I have ever eaten. The waitress and hostess were friendly and helpful. Everything was nicely plated. It was a beautiful day so we had the choice of eating inside or out on the patio. We decided to eat outside and were delighted that we did. The patio was spacious, quiet and beautifully decorated and landscaped. The price for lunch was very reasonable. Ayse Meze made our day.

1  Thank moonchild07

Been to Ayse Meze Lounge? Share your experiences!