“Simply AMAZING!”
Review of Ayse Meze

Ayse Meze
Reserve with OpenTable
Ayse Meze is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 398 Restaurants in Frederick
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: East Patrick and North East
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“Simply AMAZING!”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I would like to say that the food was delicious. Everything tasted incredible. We were at Ayse (Aisha) Meze (tapas) lounge for 2 hours, tasting different items in a very relaxing atmosphere. The wait staff was very friendly. Prices were very reasonable. I would definitely recommend to anyone. If you are a vegetarian please go and you will see so many options as it is hard in many other restaurants.

• Visited September 2013

• Turkish first
Maryland
“A Real Dining Destination!”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I had an amazing lunch at Ayse this week...my first time there, but not my last! My companion had been there four or five times before, both lunch and dinner, and promised me a treat. She was right! We ordered five items (don't miss the Brussels sprouts, a favorite of many, apparently, and even those who "don't like" Brussels sprouts!) could have done with one less but didn't leave any on our plates and I don't know which one I would have eliminated. This is definitely my new favorite restaurant in the Frederick area.

1 Thank KathyNinMD
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Relaxed, enjoyable evening with great food”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Highly rated and did not disappoint. Spent about three hours visiting, eating, and drinking with good friends. Service was good but not overbearing. Very accommodating as they let us move from outside to inside in the middle of our meal (the live music which was good kept us from visiting with our friends, which was the purpose of our evening). Great selections of food, all well-prepared and delicious. One special tonight was the grilled octopus, very good. Shared 9 dishes and 2 bottles of wine among the four of us...bill about $78 before tip.

1 Thank RDS516
Charleston, West Virginia
“Worth the Price”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Had a great time here. Music outside Tuesday-Saturday if what I head a server telling another lady is correct and they had it the night we were there. Our server, Ben, was very knowledgeable and managed to keep me from buying a Raki for myself before I'd tried my husband's (good idea, I hate licorice!) and he took a picture of us at the end of the evening.

The outdoor area was beautiful, comfortable, and I loved listening to the music while we ate and chatted. Amazingly they found the perfect balance between being able to hear the music and hear your dinner companions.

Try, where you can, the sampler platters! We really enjoyed trying all the different dips and the Turkish Cigars were good as well (though I liked the chicken one in the sweet sauce that was meant for the cheese one). I must say, though, that the dessert menu fell very short of the rest of the menu.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Delicious small plates, great presentation”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Frederick's restaurant row is the sleeper hit in the region, beating the tired Baltimore eateries ands-down.
The Turkish-Eastern Mediterranean-inspired Ayse Meze has been gaining a following over this past year, and I wish them well. Lately, the owners branched out and added a nearby farm to their supply line. Talk about buying and eating local!

The building is a repurposed warehouse, lots of room inside with different, separate dining rooms. The lively front bar sports a fireplace, and the pizza oven turns out beautiful heavenly thin-crusted pizza. The two dining rooms facing the back courtyard are quieter, elegant and airy, and can accommodate larger groups, if you call ahead.

The summertime surprise is dining on the patio, which has been a total success this season. Even when the days are hot, the evenings get balmy and lovely, with a little breeze coming through. Perfect for another pitcher of Sangria, that goes down easy with the live music almost every night.

I like the small portions, the lively seasonings, and the variety of presentations. You can share or keep it all to yourself. And do leave room for their guilt-free desserts.

• Visited July 2013