“Still the best in Frederick”
Review of Ayse Meze

Ayse Meze
Reserve with OpenTable
Ayse Meze is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 409 Restaurants in Frederick
Cuisines: Greek, Lebanese, Turkish
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: East Patrick and North East
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Had a nice Sunday dinner here with my son. We thoroughly enjoyed it. LeEllen was an attentive and well informed server. The special treat tonight was Bronzino shipped in fresh from Izmir, Turkey; delicious!

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Desserts were small portions, fruit was not fresh, turkish coffee WAY overpriced for what you get. They should at least serve the pot with it.

1  Thank Goyde
Reviewed July 21, 2013

My wife and I had a genuinely excellent meal tonight at Ayse -- it's a pleasure not to be missed. We've eaten at numerous Greek, Turkish and Middle Eastern restaurants all over the eastern seaboard, and Ayse beats most of them by miles. The food is subtle, complex and elegant, and the extensive menu included many dishes we've never encountered previously. None of them disappointed, and the brussels sprouts-based dish was truly outstanding. One reviewer's criticism of Ayse as "pricey" is unfounded: our meal, comprising eight different dishes plus a cocktail and a draft beer, came to a total of $71, tax included. .

1  Thank Bucephalos
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Having been to a few tapas restaurants, it was interesting to try the turkish version. The meze here are great, little snacks of great variety and varying tastes, though I must say that by the time the three of us ate enough to feel satisfied, we had spent nearly $150 on lunch including one drink each. Decor doesnt match the food...modern sort of industrial and obviously american...but outdoor seating is nice enough. Servers were great.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

I'd been meaning to try Ayse(pronounced eye-shah) Meze, and finally had the opportunity today. What a pleasant surprise. They took over the beautiful restaurant with best outdoor seating in Frederick formally occupied by "Tauraso's," then "Danielle's," in Everyready Square next to Shab Row. I am no expert on Eastern Mediterranean cuisine(Lebanese, Turkish), but I took a chance and liked what I ordered. I wished they had a lunch buffet like Indian restaurants, where inexperienced americans can try exotic cuisines. They have a nice week day express lunch menu for $10 that includes main dish, side and drink. All their food is served tapas(small appetizer) style, although I feel their express meal was just the right amount of food. I chose keftedes – beef and lamb meatballs with cucumber yogurt. Very tasty, and the yogurt was nice and chunky. My side was the greek salad. That was very traditional and all high quality ingredients. You can tell they take pride in the presentation and quality of their food. They also gave me some fresh pita bread with dipping oil.....mmmmm! I didn't order any extras, but they offered many locally grown, fresh seasonal vegetable sides. I look forward to my next visit.

1  Thank ilovebruges