“What a Turkish meze(aka tapas) delight!”
Review of Ayse Meze

Ayse Meze
Reserve with OpenTable
Ayse Meze is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 402 Restaurants in Frederick
Cuisines: Greek, Lebanese, Turkish
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: East Patrick and North East
New Market, MD
“What a Turkish meze(aka tapas) delight!”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I'd been meaning to try Ayse(pronounced eye-shah) Meze, and finally had the opportunity today. What a pleasant surprise. They took over the beautiful restaurant with best outdoor seating in Frederick formally occupied by "Tauraso's," then "Danielle's," in Everyready Square next to Shab Row. I am no expert on Eastern Mediterranean cuisine(Lebanese, Turkish), but I took a chance and liked what I ordered. I wished they had a lunch buffet like Indian restaurants, where inexperienced americans can try exotic cuisines. They have a nice week day express lunch menu for $10 that includes main dish, side and drink. All their food is served tapas(small appetizer) style, although I feel their express meal was just the right amount of food. I chose keftedes – beef and lamb meatballs with cucumber yogurt. Very tasty, and the yogurt was nice and chunky. My side was the greek salad. That was very traditional and all high quality ingredients. You can tell they take pride in the presentation and quality of their food. They also gave me some fresh pita bread with dipping oil.....mmmmm! I didn't order any extras, but they offered many locally grown, fresh seasonal vegetable sides. I look forward to my next visit.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank ilovebruges

• Turkish first
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great food, great service”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

It's worth going a little way out of the historic area to find this gem. We were passing thru Frederick and I had remembered the reviews so we chose this place for dinner. The setting is charming and the menu was very interesting with so many mezes to choose from. Our waittress was wonderful and explained the dishes in detail. The food exceeded expectations and was well prepared and well spiced and flavored - and authentic. Brought back memories from our time in Istanbul! We had beverages and more food than was necessary for just two of us for under $60.00.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank JSTOG-Atlanta
PENNSYLVANIA
“Taste of Turkey in Maryland”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stopped by for lunch and had the Meze- Turkish tapas. We had a large variety of dishes- Turkish pizza, apricots with Turkish cheese, salmon, Greek meatballs. Each was carefully prepared. The service was excellent and we had none of the troubles of the recent reviewer. The decor was fun and each dish was something different.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank PennsylvaniaOtter
Huntingtown, Maryland
“Highlight of our Trip”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My wife and I were looking for a late lunch while traveling through Frederick on our way to Pittsburgh for a weekend away. TripAdvisor and fate sent us to Ayse. The weather was perfect so we sat outside. Sharing a series of tapas style small plates is our favority approach to dining, so Ayse was up our alley. The scallops were perfectly done. A bonus for me was their local beer selection. They are 1 of 4 restaurants in Frederick with the same ownership. Brewer's Alley is their sister restaurant, so they carried its beer. Very enjoyable. Had excellent service, although we went at an off hour with few others present.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank ERLY14
Virginia
“Good food in a bustling place”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Dinner with my brother's family and mine for his birthday. Staff was helpful when ordering, as most family was not familiar with either eastern Mediterranean food or Meze (think Tapas). Food was very good. Restaurant was rather noisy. I don't know if it was just for a group our size (9), but food came out piecemeal over about 15 minutes, not all at once, and the servers used the ethnic names so it was difficult to sort out who got what.

• Visited July 2013