New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Fab Food and Fun” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ayse Meze

Ayse Meze
Reserve with OpenTable
Ayse Meze is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 386 Restaurants in Frederick
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: East Patrick and North East
Baltimore, Maryland
“Fab Food and Fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

On the recommendations of several friends, we finally made it in to Ayse Meze for dinner with good friends. We sat on the bar side with the brick walls. The atmosphere is lively, and the food did not disappoint! Our waitress was really sweet and was very much 'on the ball', working hard to answer our many questions and time things so that the mini courses kept coming. The food was excellent. My husband loved the mini crab cakes the best and I really liked the carrot fritters. We all agreed that the assorted cheese tray was fantastic; it went very quickly....too quickly! We will definitely return! My only suggestion for improvement: food runners need a better system of names of dishes and tables to which to be delivered. A couple times they tried to deliver food and either we didn't recognize the name of the dish, or it did not belong to our table. We had a wonderful time at Ayse Meze!

• Turkish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“A fabulous restaurant indeed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

My husband and I just ate at Ayse to celebrate our anniversary. It was a joy from start to finish. The decor is lovely, the staff are so friendly and welcoming and attentive, and the food was incredible. We tried a variety of items and there was not one thing that was not superbly made. I highly recommend Ayse. It made our night out very special indeed. We will be returning there in the future for sure.

Maryland
“Fantastic meal with friends”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

The food was excellent and timed perfectly, service was great, and it was very reasonable. We went with a large group of friends for a birthday celebration and it was the perfect choice. Will definitely be returning!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“it's ok - but #1 in Frederick???”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Excellent layout and decor. Outdoor patio seating is very nice. Service extremely slow and erratic, eg we sat and waited about 15 min's for anything,,, water, drink orders etc. There were 5 of us & when entrees came we got 4 plates, and then waited like 10 min's or so for the 5th one - then my friend's wife had to remind our server 2 or 3x for her second glass of vino. Busy night you will say? No, the restaurant was less than half-full. Having been to Turkey twice and travelled throughout Greece, Israel and Jordan, it's clear to me that the warmth, succulence and spice of the Mediterranean is not present here. {I have to be careful, cuz our good friends treated us, and we had a very nice time together, but honestly, IMHO, Ayse doesn't deserve all of the accolades of other reviewers.}

• 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Los Angeles, California
“wonderful food, great way to dine with friends”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

My husband and I were on a business trip to the East Coast and friends who live in Frederick invited us to meet them at Ayse. What a fun experience! We began with a dip sampler served on a stunning translucent glass plate. Six different dips -- all good -- with rectangular crackers and bread provided for dipping. We followed that with an excellent cheese which is flamed in a dramatic fashion at your table. What I especially enjoyed is that this type of dining really provides a wonderful way to visit with friends. Rather than having a larger meal brought all at once, you get to visit as small bites are continuously served. My husband and I are both vegetarian and we had no problems finding plenty of dining options. Our friends snagged one of the best tables, too, at a window that included cushioned bench seating augmented with colorful and comfortable pillows. For dessert, we ordered pistachio ice cream and pomegranate sorbet. Both were excellent.
This was a relaxed and exotic dining experience that I highly recommend.