“Pleasant dining”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 18, 2014

Wonderful dinner last night for 4. Each really enjoyed their very different meal: crabcake, German veal, veggie plate & Shepard's pie. Excellent attentive service. Tablecloths. A really relaxing, very enjoyable dinning experience. Pies to die for! Non chain, family owned restaurant.

Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

This was our first visit and it was wonderful. The food, service and atmosphere where perfect. This is a great place to celebrate an anniversary and we plan to return.

Reviewed March 29, 2014

We went on a Wednesday evening, no wait. Staff was extremely friendly, knowledgable, and attentive. They did warn us that weekends are much busier. Dinner and dessert was wonderful! Cozy atmosphere. Absolutely will return!!

Reviewed March 22, 2014

From outside, this restaurant has always had a sort of cozy appeal to it, especially in the wintry snowy months. It's festive looking and makes me think of a cottage in some small European village. However, inside is another story. Everything seemed to make the place feel so old and outdated. Even the customers inside were all elderly until the very end of our meal when new folks started filing in. It just seemed like a place that grandmothers and grandfathers go to eat lunch and drink their tea.

I ordered the Fried Oysters ($14.95) for my lunch entree. It came with bread rolls, mashed potatoes, and some vegetables. I also received a small cup of cocktail sauce to dip my oysters in. These were merely mediocre in taste for me. I've had better elsewhere, but they weren't bad or anything.

The service had been really good for our entire time there until we were finished and asked for the check. We must have waited 20 minutes for our server to bring us the check. He apologized as he explained he had to wait on it from someone else (not sure what that was about). Anyway, inexcusable. It's 50/50 whether I return here someday.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

Great evening meal was enjoyed by our party. It was our first visit and won't be the last! We were treated wery well by the wait staff and the all the entries were very tasty. The Eclairs were to die for!