“Nice and new!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 21 Hotels in Frederick
Syracuse, New York
“Nice and new!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Stayed here in January 2013 for 5 nights in a studio. Still has that new hotel smell :)

The staff was very kind. The front desk staff offered to print me directions to anywhere I needed to go. It seems like I got full housekeeping service daily, even though they said I will only get it one day, and "freshening up every other day" (someone made up my room in some form or fashion daily). The room was modern, clean and spacious for one person (if my boyfriend came with me, it may have been cramped). For the business traveler, they have a large workstation. The only grip with the room was that the couch and the bed faced each other with the tv off to the side, so I had to lay length wise on the couch or on my side on the bed to see the tv - weird. Also, they have a couple of drawers and some shelves, but no dresser? That's strange.

If you are a hot breakfast person, this is not the place for you!!! If you can make do with a coffee and a bagel, this is good enough! I have to be back in Frederick at least four more times this year for business, and three out of those four times, I will be staying here!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
5 Thank Allison D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

This is a new hotel and is very clean and modern. First let me say that the front desk staff were always polite and smiling. Decent parking lighting for a woman traveling alone to feel safe.

Breakfast left a little to be desired. I have stayed at other Marriott properties that offered a bit more than a waffle toaster and standard dry continental fare. It was decent, but left me wondering why I paid so much for this trip.

Pool- As a frequent business traveler I look forward to relaxing at the end of a long day in a nice pool. I was let down at the fact that there was maintenance going on and the pool would be closed for my entire stay. The front desk staff let me know that I could use any of the other Marriott Properties down the street, but why would I want to drive in the cold, wet, back to my hotel late at night. This was less than my idea of de-stressing.

The Room- Very nice room. Comfortable bed and bedding. Fluffy pillows. Desk with mobile desk piece for better work. The layout is appalling. I don't know who puts the television to the far left of the bed, but this was less than comfortable for late night television. No sleep timer????? The couch was at the opposite side of he room in a awkward position and not conducive to any kind of television enjoyment. Why is there no full length mirror on any door? Makes it hard for a traveler to do a final check before work.

Kitchen- Nice if I would have been here for more than 3 days!

Bathroom- Very nice. Clean, well lit. Nice large shower. The downfall- The high cabinet would be great if I were a 6 foot man, but as a badly sighted, short female, I found it difficult to lean over to apply my make-up and since it is the ONLY mirror in the room, was not the highlight of my trip standing on a suitcase to see my face. (Really random thing, the hot/cold gadget on the sink faucet was backward. Took me a minute to figure that one out.)

I'd stay here again, but I would see if there were a different layout and bring a step stool and an extra make-up mirror.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
3 Thank Michelle W
Silver Spring, MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

We stayed here Thanksgiving night with our two kids - 2 & 5. We had booked a studio, but when we checked in, we couldn't really fit a rollaway in the same area as the pull out couch. I asked them if we could look at a one-bedroom room and they were very accommodating. The front desk woman empathized with our situation, talking about traveling when her kids were younger. She moved us into a one-bedroom without an upgrade charge.
The hotel is brand new so it's very clean. I've never stayed at a TownePlace - very useful to have a small kitchen area in the room. The bed is comfortable. The one-bedroom option is great for families - there's a door to close between the bedroom and the den where the kids sleep - they even have their own TV. My only issue is a design issue - the air-conditioner/heater is right by the bed, so it blows on the bed throughout the night. It was tough to find the right temperature. Breakfast is included - mostly continental options but they had bagels and toaster waffles, too.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family