“Pretty Good- Devil is in the Details”

TownePlace Suites Frederick
Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in Frederick
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Pretty Good- Devil is in the Details”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

This is a new hotel and is very clean and modern. First let me say that the front desk staff were always polite and smiling. Decent parking lighting for a woman traveling alone to feel safe.

Breakfast left a little to be desired. I have stayed at other Marriott properties that offered a bit more than a waffle toaster and standard dry continental fare. It was decent, but left me wondering why I paid so much for this trip.

Pool- As a frequent business traveler I look forward to relaxing at the end of a long day in a nice pool. I was let down at the fact that there was maintenance going on and the pool would be closed for my entire stay. The front desk staff let me know that I could use any of the other Marriott Properties down the street, but why would I want to drive in the cold, wet, back to my hotel late at night. This was less than my idea of de-stressing.

The Room- Very nice room. Comfortable bed and bedding. Fluffy pillows. Desk with mobile desk piece for better work. The layout is appalling. I don't know who puts the television to the far left of the bed, but this was less than comfortable for late night television. No sleep timer????? The couch was at the opposite side of he room in a awkward position and not conducive to any kind of television enjoyment. Why is there no full length mirror on any door? Makes it hard for a traveler to do a final check before work.

Kitchen- Nice if I would have been here for more than 3 days!

Bathroom- Very nice. Clean, well lit. Nice large shower. The downfall- The high cabinet would be great if I were a 6 foot man, but as a badly sighted, short female, I found it difficult to lean over to apply my make-up and since it is the ONLY mirror in the room, was not the highlight of my trip standing on a suitcase to see my face. (Really random thing, the hot/cold gadget on the sink faucet was backward. Took me a minute to figure that one out.)

I'd stay here again, but I would see if there were a different layout and bring a step stool and an extra make-up mirror.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Michelle W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Silver Spring, MD
Reviewed December 4, 2012

We stayed here Thanksgiving night with our two kids - 2 & 5. We had booked a studio, but when we checked in, we couldn't really fit a rollaway in the same area as the pull out couch. I asked them if we could look at a one-bedroom room and they were very accommodating. The front desk woman empathized with our situation, talking about traveling when her kids were younger. She moved us into a one-bedroom without an upgrade charge.
The hotel is brand new so it's very clean. I've never stayed at a TownePlace - very useful to have a small kitchen area in the room. The bed is comfortable. The one-bedroom option is great for families - there's a door to close between the bedroom and the den where the kids sleep - they even have their own TV. My only issue is a design issue - the air-conditioner/heater is right by the bed, so it blows on the bed throughout the night. It was tough to find the right temperature. Breakfast is included - mostly continental options but they had bagels and toaster waffles, too.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank baileyd72
Travelers also viewed these Frederick hotels
Hilton Garden Inn Frederick
Fairfield Inn & Suites Frederick
Courtyard Frederick
Courtyard Frederick
#9 of 22 in Frederick

Been to TownePlace Suites Frederick? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about TownePlace Suites Frederick

Property: TownePlace Suites Frederick
Address: 5050 Westview Dr, Frederick, MD 21703-8473
Location: United States > Maryland > Frederick
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Swimming Pool
Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in Frederick
Hotel Class:2.5 star — TownePlace Suites Frederick 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your TownePlace Suites Frederick reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.