“Average”

Dining options: Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: E. 9th St.
Reviewed November 16, 2012

This restaurant was average. The tavern and the restaurant were on different sides so we chose the restaurant side. The tavern side seemed like a very clean bar but we weren't sure if they would serve food on that side (we didn't ask) so we chose the restaurant. In the restaurant, you can choose a plain table or one that has a nice tablecloth (they are both in the same room but on separate sides of the room). I think it is set up that way hence the Jekyll and Hyde name. While it was a very clever play on the name, we rated the atmosphere as average because it isn't a very cozy setup. The walls were an awful shade of blue and the room reminded me of a catering hall. (They did tell us that they were waiting for paintings from Frederick High School so once they put them up, perhaps the atmosphere will improve.) It definitely is not a romantic setting.

The service was excellent. Very attentive and always available. The prices were also very good as was the value. I got a Caesar salad with grilled chicken and the piece of chicken I got was pretty big. Usually when I get a Caesar salad with chicken, it is a few strips of chicken but that wasn't the case here.

I found this restaurant to be average. It wasn't bad and if I went back, I'd probably go to the tavern side and get a beer and sandwich - but if I wanted a nice meal after a long day, it wouldn't be a destination restaurant for me.

Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

Chicken quesadillas were the best thing about this place. Service was horrible...20 minutes for a glass of wine in the bar. We sat at a table in the bar and the bartender held up our food behind the bar so we knew when to pick it up. No plates...no silverware...no customer service...not going back.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

Don't let the fact that it occupies the old Krug's scare you off. This is a terrific new place. Neighborhood tavern/sports bar atmosphere with a casual dining menu with one important twist: The chef knows what he's doing. I tried the Reuben based on a friend's recommendation and I normally do not care for sauerkraut but it was fantastic. Fried clams can be like a dog's chew toy in some places but not here. Melt in your mouth tender with just the right crunch.The french fries they were done up right as well. Great new addition to an already pretty strong Frederick restaurant lineup.