“Watch your glass”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Mimi's Cafe
Cuisines: American, French
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: it is over 1 yr old you should have it
Hillsboro, Oregon
“Watch your glass”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I recentlyI had dinner at Mimi's Cafe and was very disappointed. I was visiting from out of state and my friends took me there as they liked the place. I ordered a glass of wine and when I got my glass It was very light on the wine. I mentioned this to my server and she did not respond. the server stepped away but when she returned I told her to take the wine back as I was not paying $8.25 for so little wine. She took the glass back to the bar and later returned with a normal pour, I kept the glass of wine but could not help feel they were cutting corners. The other issue that occurred was it took forever to get our bill as their computers went down. What ever happened to good old fashion math.? To top that off the manager was not very nice, and had an attitude. I'm not gong back!

Frederick, Maryland
“What a "faux pax" going here”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I have enjoyed Mimi's in other places, but tonight was a terrible experience. Service was poor and food mediocre. To top it off, near the end of our meal our server informed us that their computers were down and until they figured out what to do, we would need to wait for the check. Like this never happens at any other restaurants? We waited for 20-30 minutes. We were then informed it would be done manually. Another 15 minutes and a hand written bill was presented. We tried to pay with a gift card plus cash. Another 10-15 minutes and we are told they cannot use the gift card and would be doing the old carbon type credit slips. We explained that we would feel much better leaving the cash and the gift card than all our credit card information. The manager told us tersely that we could not do that as he would not be able to close out for the night when the computers came up if the card did not go through. Really!! There is much less chance of a gift card being declined than a credit card. We even offered proof it was purchased that evening and could verify the value. It was obvious that he was very frustrated and whatever concern he had for his customers' experience had evaporated. Mimi's needs to cover these situations better in their manager training.

New Market, Maryland
“Never had a bad meal here”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I have eaten a number of times at both the Frederick location and there is also one in Elkridge (Columbia) MD. Both are clean, comfortable with a good selection of food. The service has always been good and it is just a good place to enjoy a leisurely meal.

Mount Sinai, New York
“Great!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Nice, clean restaurant. Convenient location. Very good, friendly service. Excellent food, prepared exactly as I ordered. Make sure you try the cinnamon French toast with confectioner's sugar and warm syrup on top --- a delicious treat!

• Visited February 2013
Dublin, Virginia, United States
“Wonderful food”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I really enjoyed my meal at Mimi's Cafe. The service was great and I loved their Raspberry Tea. We were able to talk with each other and enjoy our conversation while eating.

Visited January 2013