“Good Grief! What happened to this restaurant?”
Review of Mimi's Cafe - CLOSED

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: it is over 1 yr old you should have it
Urbana, MD
“Good Grief! What happened to this restaurant?”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

There was a time when I actually enjoyed going to MImi's, whether it was for brunch, lunch or dinner. I even encouraged two of my groups to have events there. The first time, we rented out the room. The service, along with the food, left a bit to be desired. The second group went once, then never bothered again. Still, I went. But last night was the pits! Remember the "Where's the beef?" commercial? OK, where was the turkey breast? Very skimpy portions. Lukewarm food and mediocre flavor. My fellow diner almost turned his back because he said the turkey tasted weird. The waitress tried. The only reason we went was because of a BOGO. The place was empty. And now I know why.

• Visited December 2012

Florida Keys, Florida
“Horrible service!”
Reviewed November 22, 2012

We have been here on several occasions and the food was not bad. But! The service gets worse everytime. After several months decided on Thanksgiving day to give it a try, not many people plenty of staff and the Worst Service of all time. We ate done with this restaurant. Food was mediocre. Don't recommend.

“Better than Most Restaurants in Frederick”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Nice variety of items on the menu, including French which is hard to find in Frederick. Portion sizes are very good for the money, and the quality of their bread and deserts far surpassed my expectations. Definitely one of my favorite restaurants in Frederick.

College Park, MD
“Delicious”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Delicious frittata and it was on a lovely perfect non-humid day so we sat outside on their terrace and really it did feel very European. Very attentive waitress. Would love to go back.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank AngloAm
Northeastern Maryland
“Not spectacular, but pretty darned good.”
Reviewed July 28, 2012

Restaurant wasn't particularly busy on the evening we were there. Seated immediately, and the server was attentive. I had a drink from the bar, which was good, but a bit pricey considering it had a much larger proportion of ice than I have gotten in other places. Food was good - decent value for the price. I had the chicken pot pie, which was full of meat and veggies, and baked perfectly. This is not a restaturant I would go out of my way to visit, but it is decent if you are in the area.

• Visited July 2012