“Casual family dining by Carlson (3.2 out of 5)”
Review of TGI Friday's

TGI Friday's
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #250 of 407 Restaurants in Frederick
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed February 2, 2014

We seem to like this place as it's our third time back in the past five months. We were waited on by Megan who was very nice and had a good attitude even though it took us forever to decide what to order. She checked on us a couple times despite dealing with a packed house and training a new employee on a Friday night.

I started off by ordering myself a tall glass of Snake Dog IPA ($5.09) by the Flying Dog Brewery. It was quite good as usual. To eat I had the Jack Daniel's Black Angus Sirloin & Shrimp ($20.99). This was a relatively large 10 oz. steak. It became difficult to finish it all before turning cold. A small cup of Jack Daniel's sauce was brought out with it and really helped in the flavor department. The Cajun-spiced shrimp were good, but small and messy since they still had the tails on them which when removed also took a lot of the Cajun spices with them. The entree also came with two sides of my choice which were tomato mozzarella salad and Parmesan steak fries. The salad was decent, but sadly the steak fries were a bit undercooked.

We weren't charged for a refill of my son's chocolate milk which was nice to see on the check. We spent about an hour here, the restrooms were clean, there's plenty of free parking, and it's a kids friendly restaurant. We will be back again soon I'm sure.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

There have been only three items I've had that were worth coming back for. Potstickers, Beer Cheese Burger, nope only two. I went here with my wife a couple months back and they didn't cook either of our burgers right two times in a row. And last night we went and they overcooked my wife's sirloin steak twice and the langostino "lobster" sauce was horrible. Langostino isn't even a shrimp or lobster. It's related to a hermit crab...no wonder is was mushy and tasteless. Too bad...have to go somewhere nicer to redeem this last meal.

Reviewed December 6, 2013

I when to a Fridays in Bloomingdale Illinois and ordered a name brand scotch . It was served in a 4 to 5 ounce glass with four ice cubes. It amounted to a sip, The cost was $8.00. I felt that I had been ripped off because of the small amount of scotch in the glass. I do not know if this is a common practice but I was disappointed. Food was good but watch price of the drinks.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

Absolutely horrible service. Need to give you at least 100 characters to tell you it was horrible and will never go to a TGIF anywhere ever again. Anywhere. Ever. Again.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

We cashed in on the Veteran's Day Freebies with a free lunch at TGI Friday's. I ordered the most expensive entree on the "special menu" which was the Sizzling Chicken & Shrimp (normally $14.29, mine was $0 for being a vet). You can't beat that value, and the food was good too.

The place was packed at 12:30 in the afternoon as we were seated pretty much right in front of the front door as there weren't many seats available. It seemed we weren't the only ones in Frederick taking advantage of the Veteran's Day deals.