“Wow! Japanese in Frederick, MD”

Matsutake Sushi & Steak
Ranked #303 of 407 Restaurants in Frederick
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Crestwood
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I was out on a date night and my beau insisted on this restaurant. Neither of us had dined here before, but boy, were we "happy campers" afterwards! The menu (inviting and varied), the food and drinks (absolutely yummy), the service (fun and efficient), the atmosphere (clean and romantic (we had a table all to ourselves), but not smothering) and the value appropriate. We had the flaming volcano (drink). Liked it. He had steak and scallops w/a few shrimp . I had chicken and scallops w/a few shrimp. And veggies and rice. I enjoyed my meal, but he was absolutely over the top pleased. If we're ever in this area again, Matsutake is a must for us!

1  Thank SD W

Reviewed May 31, 2013

This is a great place to go and fill up on sushi and other types of Japanese food. Especially great if you are just getting into Japanese food because you can try so many different types.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Sushi was surprisingly good. Better than average. Average price. Better than average service. The place was clean, so were the restrooms. I would definitely try this place again if in the area.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

This place has excellent tasting sushi at an average price (not too $ but there are cheaper places in the Frederick area). However, their lunch buffet is awesome, especially if you eat a lot of sushi! I definitely recommend this place. It is also conveniently located right by the movie theater for date nights :).

Reviewed February 19, 2013

I went there with a group related to business. The sushi was reasonable, but nothing exceptional. Too much spicy sauce on one order of sushi. The service was good. They handled our group well, and made sure everyone was well taken care of, including separate checks for a party of about 16.