“Great Indian food!!”

Cuisines: Indian
Frederick, Maryland
“Great Indian food!!”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

It's a small place but it doesn't reflect on taste! I love their goat curry, butter chicken, and curry chicken! I love there different types of Naan and their Saag Paneer is tasty as can be! They also have a nice buffet for weekend lunches! Would def suggest Clay Oven!! My wife and I often get carry out.

• Visited November 2013

“Good for Frederick, seen better”
Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

I wish the food was consistent. I used to be a regular before another restaurant opened up. The food was sometimes way too spicy and sometime not so much.

• Visited April 2013
Bardstown, Kentucky
“Fabulous, Fresh Lunch Buffet”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I've only come to the Clay Oven for their lunch buffet, and it never disappoints! Some of the choices vary day to day, but they keep some of the items the same no matter what. The food is always fresh, even if you come towards the end of the serving time, and they will gladly make you and your party a basket of fresh Naan if you request it. The staff there has always been extremely friendly and welcome you like friends. I like for my friends to try new things and I had a couple with me who were very leery of unfamiliar cuisines. I wanted to go to the Clay Oven and knew that 1. a buffet with options would be the way to go and 2. that Clay Oven's food was always so good that their first impression would be a good one. I was right and during my time living in Frederick, they would travel from Baltimore to join me there for lunch. There is nothing there that I have tried I didn't like. The food is not too spicy as in heat, but uses the right amount of spices to make the dishes deliciously flavorful. Still to this day if I need to make a trip to Frederick, I will time it so I can make it for the lunch buffet.

• Visited May 2013
Frederick, Maryland
“Fantastic!!!”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

I love this place!! It has an outstanding selection of Indian food...I always go for the really spicy but they also have a lot of non spicy dishes. Buffet is nice also!! Everyone who works here are very friendly and outgoing. Prices are good...definitely worth giving it a try.

• Visited March 2013
Mishawaka, Indiana
“Awesome Indian food!”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

We stopped here for lunch buffet on our way to DC. The food was excellent! The goat curry preparation was the best I have had in the US in the past several years. I wish there was half as good Indian restaurant within 30 miles of my place.

• Visited March 2013