“Fantastic!!!”

Clay Oven
Ranked #72 of 407 Restaurants in Frederick
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed April 27, 2013

I love this place!! It has an outstanding selection of Indian food...I always go for the really spicy but they also have a lot of non spicy dishes. Buffet is nice also!! Everyone who works here are very friendly and outgoing. Prices are good...definitely worth giving it a try.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

We stopped here for lunch buffet on our way to DC. The food was excellent! The goat curry preparation was the best I have had in the US in the past several years. I wish there was half as good Indian restaurant within 30 miles of my place.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

This was my first visit to the Clay Oven, but I have to say, I was impressed. The service was good, and the lunch buffet of Indian classics was excellent. They had three different kids of curry dishes with various meats, and they were all very good. They were spicy, but not too spicy. It was hard not to eat too much at this place. The prices were a little less than I expected.

I highly recommend you go if you like Indian food.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

The food was excellent and the service was attentive. The restaurant is small so may be not be able to handle large groups. Definitely going to return for the buffet. Beats all the chain restaurants in the area for price and quality of food.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

Clay Oven has proven a reliable standby for Indian cuisine in Frederick--an area that seems to have a high turnover of Indian restaurants. The lunch buffet remains reasonably priced ($8.95 weekdays, $10.95 weekends). Bucking the trend to buffet blandness, the Clay Oven isn't afraid to serve up a little spiciness. Although the owner is Nepalese, the menu is pretty much straight up Indian.

Service is friendly and efficient. The owner is generous and gracious. The decor is crisp and clean.