All reviewstwo bedroom suitebasketball hoopfull kitchenstayed hereroom was cleanthe outer bankscheck in processcomfortable stayrecommend this hotelthree nightsnice hotelextended stayhotel is locatedstaff was friendlykathyaggiewedding
Reviewed December 1, 2010

Just returned from spending three nights at the Residence Inn in Frederick, Md. It is a good location for exploring Harper's Ferry NP and Antietam Battlefield. For those who like to shop, the outlet center in nearby Hagerstown satisfied the urge to shop on "Black Friday".

The hotel has nice furnishings, great breakfast as others have stated, very good wireless conection in your room, and very good assortment of cable channels. There is a pool table adjacent to the breakfast area that is free. The pool/whirlpool area looked fine-did not use it however.

We had a room with a queen size bed and sofa sleeper with the kitchen setup. The water pressure at the sink was poor and most likely restricted. The water pressure in the shower was great with an abundance of hot water. There was some type of mechanical room with a door that was locked in the bedroom area that was drafty-probably part of the HVAC.

My strangest observation was that the bottom fitted sheet for the queen size bed was too small and kept falling off the corners so that I would wake sleeping on the raw mattress. I found that somewhat unsanitary.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 15, 2010

This property is well situated and appropriately furnished, etc. It has an exceptionally good breakfast selection, with excellent service. And the front desk personnel are great. But it's one big demerit is the noisy room air conditioner (at least in our room) that was so loud when cycling on/off that we had to put it on "fan only" while we slept (which made the room hot) just so we would not be jolted awake every time the compressor cycled on and off. This needs fixing pronto.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 29, 2010

This was one of the best experiences I have ever had at a hotel. Checked in for the night and requested several extras. We got all of them except for the use of the DVD player, but that worked out alright anyway. The staff is so awesome, from the front desk to the cleaning lady to the girl and guy helping out with breakfast. They all really wanted to help and were happy about it. Can you imagine? I would definetely recommend this place to others, it was a wonderful experience. We stayed in a 2 room suite, each room had it's own tv and bathroom. The kitchenettes were stocked enough that you could do what ever you needed or wanted to do.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank Cheryl W
Reviewed December 30, 2009

I stayed in this hotel the days before our wedding in downtown Frederick, Maryland. The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was perfect for my needs and the common areas were nicely kept up. One morning I missed breakfast downstairs but the staff directed me to go next door to the Fairfield in to grab somethign to eat. Since it was the morning of my wedding I was so grateful! My parents and my brother and his wife also booked a room in this hotel and to our surprise they received a complimentary move to the presidential suite( the hotel was very booked up that weekend so I think they overbooked some people in the regular rooms). The suite was VERY nice and the whole family really enjoyed breakfast together the next day. Overall it was very nice hotel and I wouldn't hesitate staying there again.
Almost forgot, when I checked in I noticed some hairs on the bedding so I called to request a bed change (just looked like the washing machine didnt get it all out). Just 5 mintues later housekeeping showed up and very nicely changed out the bed for me. This was the only issue I had the entire time and it was handled immediately!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 24, 2009

We had a two bedroom suite. Perfect for a family with two children. They had their own bathroom and bedroom, we had our own space. Our kitchen was huge, sofa was very comfy for the two of us. We made popcorn and watched some great television. This hotel has an excellent channel lineup, the most we have seen. The kids could watch their own TV in their bedroom while we watched in the living room. The beds were awesome. We were returning from a vacation rental in the Outer Banks and had not slept well the entire time. We slept extremely well. We stayed at two hotels in the beginning of our trip; a Hampton and Hilton Garden Inn. The beds were okay; the beds at this Residence Inn were outstanding. Breakfast the next morning was excellent, as well. Many choices to choose from. Sausage patties, scrambled eggs, fresh waffles, breakfast potatoes. Kids had donuts. We were satisfied. The staff was very attentive, everyone we encountered was friendly and helpful. We will definitely return to this property the next time we are in Frederick.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family