“Wedding Preparations” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 22 Hotels in Frederick
Maryland
“Wedding Preparations”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2009

I stayed in this hotel the days before our wedding in downtown Frederick, Maryland. The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was perfect for my needs and the common areas were nicely kept up. One morning I missed breakfast downstairs but the staff directed me to go next door to the Fairfield in to grab somethign to eat. Since it was the morning of my wedding I was so grateful! My parents and my brother and his wife also booked a room in this hotel and to our surprise they received a complimentary move to the presidential suite( the hotel was very booked up that weekend so I think they overbooked some people in the regular rooms). The suite was VERY nice and the whole family really enjoyed breakfast together the next day. Overall it was very nice hotel and I wouldn't hesitate staying there again.
Almost forgot, when I checked in I noticed some hairs on the bedding so I called to request a bed change (just looked like the washing machine didnt get it all out). Just 5 mintues later housekeeping showed up and very nicely changed out the bed for me. This was the only issue I had the entire time and it was handled immediately!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Grosse Pointe Woods, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2009

We had a two bedroom suite. Perfect for a family with two children. They had their own bathroom and bedroom, we had our own space. Our kitchen was huge, sofa was very comfy for the two of us. We made popcorn and watched some great television. This hotel has an excellent channel lineup, the most we have seen. The kids could watch their own TV in their bedroom while we watched in the living room. The beds were awesome. We were returning from a vacation rental in the Outer Banks and had not slept well the entire time. We slept extremely well. We stayed at two hotels in the beginning of our trip; a Hampton and Hilton Garden Inn. The beds were okay; the beds at this Residence Inn were outstanding. Breakfast the next morning was excellent, as well. Many choices to choose from. Sausage patties, scrambled eggs, fresh waffles, breakfast potatoes. Kids had donuts. We were satisfied. The staff was very attentive, everyone we encountered was friendly and helpful. We will definitely return to this property the next time we are in Frederick.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Jersey Shore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2009

Upon arrival we found out we had been upgraded from a one bedroom to a two bedroom suite with two bathrooms - very convenient since we were travelling with our two boys. We had plenty of space to spread out - too bad we were only there one night! It was close to two malls and plenty of food choices.

There was a nice pool for the kids and whirlpool spa for the adults. There weren't enough towels at the pool. They had a small basketball court and pool table (which we didn't realize in time to take advantage of) and a patio with a barbeque (we had rain the whole time so we didn't visit the patio). Breakfast was good and the breakfast staff was very friendly and helpful - knew one of the guests by name.

The walls seemed a little thin - I could hear the hairdryer next door - but overall it was quiet. The kitchen was a nice size with a full-sized range and fridge.

Overall I would definitely stay here again if I was in the area.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Temecula, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2008

This place is wonderful. It has a nice pool, great little basketball court, and a pool table. The breakfast was wonderful. Our room was nice and open. We would have loved to have stayed here a little longer. We were just passing through.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank dskaggss
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2008

I stayed at the Residence Inn in Frederick, MD for two days during a business trip. Great hotel and everyone was very friendly. Not one person neglected to say hello as they walked by or helped me.

I was upgraded to a two bedroom suite so plenty of room with large kitchen, living area and bedrooms. Very clean and beds at the Marriotts are always comfortable.

There was a nice grille outside that I say some people using and also using the basketball court on the property. Fitness room was adequate and I used one of the treadmills to get a few miles in.

They have a social hour at night with good appetizers and food and breakfast was also good with a large variety.

Would recommend this hotel when staying in Frederick.

• Liked — Great location for getting in and out of the area
  • Disliked — It was all pretty good
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Grizburgh
Easton, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2008

The RI Frederick is in a great location, and the rooms are spacious, clean, staff helpful,free wireless, complimentary breakfast, plenty of parking,across from eateries & shopping, and only 3 miles from downtown Frederick. There is a pool, hot tub, mini basketball court, and cute patio with BBQ's. The location was very convienient and I would stay here again. Booked a two bedroom suite for a girl's weekend off with 4 ladies, plenty of room. Great! If you go to Frederick, try Isabella's restaurant.

• Liked — Location, cleanliness, value
  • Disliked — nothing!
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with friends
1 Thank raven0729
hamsstead, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2006

This is a very nice property. The staff was helpful and professional. Our room (#116) was clean and comfortable. The free warm breakfast buffet was very nice. The pool was nice, tho the water was a little to cool. While the exercise room is a little on the small side (most hotels are) it was cleaner than most that I stay in. I really like this property.

• Liked — The room was clean and comfortable
  • Disliked — The pool water was to cold
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled with family