“Never Disappoints!”

Famous Dave's
Ranked #80 of 423 Restaurants in Frederick
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed July 1, 2014

We recently were doing some traveling on the East Coast and met some friends at Famous Dave's for dinner. Having Famous Dave's in Southern California, we knew we could count on great food, and we were not disappointed!

We were a large party of 10, at the peak of dinner time, 5:00. The food was great - in taste, quantity, and temperature. Our server was attentive and quick to meet our needs or anticipate any needs.

Famous Dave's Never Disappoints. We definitely enjoyed our meal.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

My wife and I stopped in for a late lunch on Sat May 31 and they were not very busy , We both asked about the lunch menu , server acted like they do not do lunch specials on weekends , and he wasn't sure if they did or not so he did not even check with his manager ,but told us sometimes they offer lunch specials on weekends. So of course he seemed quite confused from the beginning. We ordered our food and waited ,and waited for like 25 minutes he comes over to our table after 20 minutes has passed and said our food will be right up he brought it out about 5 minutes later and my wife placed her hands on her chicken and it was cold not even warm at all I tried one of my French fries and they were cold ,we told them to take it back that this was unacceptable , he said I will make it right give me 10 minutes. The more we thought about it, we decided to leave . We offered to pay for our drinks and manager told us not to worry about it . she did not offer any vouchers or any free meal coupons for a future visit or anything she just said she was sorry and she would check into it. The other servers were saying it was because they were busy with the catering and that was reason for lack of service. I have never got up and just left a restaurant due to poor service / bringing cold food to my table after waiting 25 minutes. I am very disgusted and disappointed in they way of handling it . I will probably never go there again, or even suggest to anybody else go to this terrible location and while there 2 or 3 other customers were complaining of the food and service they got as well . I will not pay 30 for dinner menu items at lunch time and then to be served cold yet.

1  Thank Jonathan K
Reviewed May 13, 2014

We dropped into Famous Daves for a Feast, after our Mother's Day bicycle ride. We were pretty hungry so we decided to order an appetizer to enjoy why we waited for our meals. We collectively decided on the brisket nachos, and that was an excellent choice. The nachos were devoured pretty quickly as they were fresh and very flavorful! My son ordered the Devil's Spit burger and the rest of us opted for the Feast for Two, which actually feeds 3-4. The ribs were delicious as was everything else that was served on the trash can lid. We were all quite satisfied with the food, service and atmosphere. A great place to take the family! Keep up the good work!

Reviewed May 7, 2014

Honestly, some of the best BBQ ribs I have ever had! I tried the grilled pineapple as a side and it was excellent. The atmosphere is comfortable, the service is good and the BBQ is great. And of coarse, you can eat with your fingers and end up with the sauce all over your face. I will be returning soon. By the way, they also do catering.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

The food is great, love the trash can lid, plenty of food for everyone. Lots of items to choose from.