“A gem”
Review of Sabor de Cuba

Sabor de Cuba
Reserve with OpenTable
Sabor de Cuba is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 412 Restaurants in Frederick
Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: S. Market St.
Reviewed October 5, 2012

This is an excellent restaurant. The food had a gourmet approach in preparation yet not snooty. The flavors where true to the Cuban richness and home made prep. Makiel (pls forgive me if I misspelled your name) was so attentive in his service and the ambiance was great. The wine was oh so tasty. We are looking forward to our next trip to Maryland and our next meal at wonderful SABOR DE CUBA in downtown historic Frederick!!!!! Thank you for an unforgetful experience, Chuck and Angela

1  Thank Asb S

Reviewed September 23, 2012

We went to Sabor de Cuba for an early dinner. The food was very good, fresh and not greasy. We had the ropa vieja and the picadillo. The house made desserts were also very tasty, The service was exceptionally friendly and the owner took time to visit with us. He even explained the finer points of cafe con leche.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

We went for lunch and were pleased with the food and service. The food was very generous in its portions. We ordered 2 appetizers and 2 lunch entrees. Everything came out nice and hot and very tasty. The service was fantastic. We got soda refills without asking for it and the waitress was very pleasant. I will definitely return to this restaurant.

2  Thank VDeliz
Reviewed September 7, 2012

I was somewhat apprehensive about eating here as I was not sure how authentic this establishment would be, it turns out, they are pretty good. I gave it 4-stars but it was more like 3.5. A very friendly staff in a nice setting set the tone for this lunch. We ordered two appetizers, empanadas con carne (ground beef) and tostones rellenos con carne. The empanadas were very good, they were hot and crispy. The relleno (stuffing) was good. The tostones while good were a little on the salty side. For main course, we had an order of pernil and one order of ropa vieja. The ropa vieja turned out to be the better dish. The lechon was not quite what I was expecting, I'm used to the Puertorrican lechon and this one was marinated, not bad, just not great. The black beans and rice were very good and the sweet plantains that came with it very just perfect! The portion for ropa vieja was HUGE, the meat was very flavorful, if a little on the salty side. This dish comes with Arroz Congri, which is black beans and rice cooked together. It was okay, mine lacked a little something. Again, not bad, just not great. We all had soft drinks with our lunch and the waitress refilled without any prompting. The service was EXCELLENT. The prices were a little on the high side for a lunch menu, but not outrageous. All in all, I will go back, but I will definitely try some other dish.

1  Thank edeliz
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Bad empanadas. One was very dry the other was too greasy. Both had a strange taste. I had really high hopes so it's a shame.