“Hip Coffee Bar”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Linthicum, MD
“Hip Coffee Bar”
Reviewed February 5, 2014

We were here on one of those cold, wet, sleet-and-freezing-rain kind of days we've been having a lot of lately! We needed to kill some time and get out of the rain. We only tried the coffee drinks. I tried a house specialty, a German chocolate latte. It took a while to come out, but it was worth the wait. It was as pretty to look at as it was good to drink. The food that we saw others order looked good. There were all kinds of people there, twenty-somethings, Moms with kids, and grandparents with grandkids (us!) We'll have to come back when we have time to order a meal.

• Visited January 2014

Mt Airy, MD
“I love this little cafe and will definitely return!”
Reviewed December 22, 2013

I have passed this little hip café many times and never stopped in. My husband and I went there on a date based on a friend's recommendation. Very nice host and server (who gave us recommendations--turkey meatloaf and croquettes) who were not at all pushy. We ordered goat cheese fritters to start and a fried shrimp po boy and steak salad to share for dinner. The waitress brought me a hot buttered rum on the house (not my favorite drink in general but a really nice gesture and it tasted good). The fritters were small but delicious. The shrimp po boy came with an awesome aioli and was on a delicious ciabata bread. The steak salad was also great but the chipotle vinaigrette was a little spicier than expected (not a problem for us). We then ordered lattes for dessert which our waitress gave us "on the house" because she said we had to wait a few extra minutes before ordering (we did wait about 10 minutes for her to return to take our order but only after we told her to give us more time to decide!). Our meal was only $40 which I consider a bargain. We will definitely return!!!

• Visited December 2013
Frederick, Maryland
“Great brunch with great drink!”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

They have an good brunch menu and their drink are great with special homemade liquor. There dinner menu has a great Goat Cheese App! I def like going there. The food comes out a little slower but it's worth the wait. Very hipster atmosphere!

• Visited October 2013
Frederick, Maryland
“Fantastic Breakfast”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Cafe Nola is THE place to go for a laid back great breakfast. Great ambiance in a trendy restaurant. Really good, fresh coffee, and each breakfast I've ever gotten is fresh and tasty. I love the breakfast sandwich which is a fried egg, roasted tomato and spinach. Sit at the bar and chat with the friendly bartenders!

• Visited October 2013
Reston, VA
“Great ambiance for Breakfast & Lunch”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

We had a nice brunch for 5 here. I ordered French toast with a side of English muffin with Manchego cheese and tomato aioli. Both were excellent, and although I had expected syrup it came with a blueberry sauce. The special coffee was a pumpkin spice with a hint of cayenne pepper, also quite good. While the food was great and the service done well, the downside was the 30 minute wait for a table. I don't think that ever let up even as the scene transitioned to early lunch. We spend $89 for 5 full breakfasts with coffees.

• Visited November 2013