“excellent, local food”

Cafe Nola
Ranked #29 of 397 Restaurants in Frederick
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Woodbine, Maryland
“excellent, local food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

this is one of my favorite restaurants! I love the local food, good service, tasty drinks, and the fun atmosphere. my only complaint is that they are only open Wednesday night through Sunday brunch!

• Visited September 2013

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“one of my favorites”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

one of my favorite places to eat! have been for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. every meal I've had has been excellent! my favorite was the pan roasted chicken with parmesan risotto. they have delicious infused alcohols, I've only had one bad drink when I've ordered one. they also have some of the best coffee I've ever had. my husband and I drive up from ellicott city just to eat here!

• Visited June 2013
Rochester, New York
“Perfect Brunch Spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Great for brunch- they accomodated our large party with lots of comings and goings. They use illy coffee- the BEST. So coffee is always awesome. The menu is interesting- everyone found something that pleased them. The muffins were tiny though.

Visited June 2013
Ashburn, Virginia
“Funky breakfast joint”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

We went for breakfast on Saturday morning. The eggs benedict on portabella mushrooms was very good. The potatoes were good. I had to ask for toast since this is probably ordered by gluten-free diners usually. My husbands scrambled eggs, bacon and potatoes were very good. Nice selection of teas. It's a little crowded, but fine for breakfast. Prices are fair.

• Visited July 2013
Frederick, MD
“Every time I go there I want it to be good but it's not.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

This place has great potential with a great location and a lot of healthy, local, vegan options. But every time I go there I am disappointed. The service is sooooooooo slow. Our most recent visit for a late Sunday lunch/brunch we weren't in a rush but the time we waited for our food was ridiculous. We waited at least 15 minutes for the waitress to come to our table. By then we were ready to order drinks, appetizer, and our meals. We were going to order the hummous appetizer but the waitress said they were making a fresh batch and it would be 20 minutes. We didn't want to wait that long for an appetizer since we had already waited and were hungry so we just ordered our meals. Needless to say we might as well have ordered the hummous as our food came out a good 30 plus minutes later. And we just had salads and black bean burger. The black bean burger fell apart in a million pieces and the sweet potato fries were soggy and soaked in oil. This is the third or fourth time I have had bad service and won't be going back. Too bad because despite my food this particular time the food is usually very good.

• Visited July 2013