“S'okay”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed July 4, 2012

While this is a pretty swank spot, with eclectic and interesting staff and modern styling inside, the food is almost always just so-so. I've eaten here a few times and my eggs have been consistently overdone. While the waitstaff is more than happy to correct the mistake, that doesn't solve the problem of waiting while the rest of my table eats and then making them wait until I get and eat my food. I asked the others eating with me and got "great" and "okay" from them. Go for the atmosphere, and maybe the food will improve with time.

Reviewed May 25, 2012

Cafe Nola is great! Local organic produce and meats, granola on the breakfast menu, welcoming staff with interesting tattoos, it blends hippie and modern into a comfortable vibe, and that's before the food arrives. I had the Zola burger with sweet potato fries. The meat was amazing, delicious, tender, juicy, it tasted like a happy cow in life. The greens were fresh, the Gorgonzola to die for. Sweet potato fries were done to a turn. I thoroughly recommend Cafe Nola for lunch in Frederick any day!

Reviewed April 10, 2012

Although the food was outstanding, the service was terrible. The other three people at my table received their food within about 45 minutes after ordering. I didn't receive mine until an hour after that. I did get my meal free, but had to pay for my drinks. I would have returned here after that had it not been for the terrible service.

Reviewed March 29, 2012

From the food to the drinks and staff, there is no place like Cafe Nola- they prepare their foods with all local ingredients- many of which they grow themselves on their farm in Mt. Airy, MD. They have phenomenal infused liquors that you cannot find any where else- try it all and you will not regret it!!
Also acts as a art gallery displaying local artists work, and the artists are always changing.

Fredericks best cafe.

Reviewed February 12, 2012

The food here is excellent. The restaurant actually has a sustainable farm where they grow most of their ingredients, and they try to buy everything else locally. There is an amazing selection of teas, coffee beverages and cocktails (they make their own alcohol infusions-like basil infused gin-tastes awesome!) They make their own soups, sandwiches and have a really nice selection of healthy and veggie options, too. Some of my favorites are the veggie scramble, pear and Gorgonzola salad, the variety of burgers (including black bean and turkey) and the hummus plate. The prices are really reasonable - downright cheap. Now for the bad news. Although the staff is very kind there is no sense of urgency at all. If it is a busy day - such as a weekend brunch - plan to stay a while. Another thing to know is that it is a happening bar in the evenings (every evening) and the first Friday night of the month is usually a DJ-dance party so the next day the air in there smells of party. The owner is a really sweet young man, who loves the Frederick community so this place has a great connection to town. It is obvious that he wants to keep the art and music scene in town alive and healthy. I personally love what they stand for and try to visit for lunch during the week - which is the time of day that this place appeals to me.