All reviewscontinental breakfasteggs and sausagebusiness travelnice staywould definitely stay here againclean roomsconvenient locationmoteleileencerealcarpetingpamicrowave
Reviewed July 4, 2008

This hotel is an old one that has been there for almost 50 years, which is why I think people have commented on the smell. It just had the same faint smell that any building with history has - it reminded me of the college I went to. It has been newly renovated on the inside and I found the rooms to be clean and updated with new wallpaper and carpets while retaining the historical feel with classic-looking furniture. I know one person complained about the beds but I personally thought they were very comfortable and I slept like a log on mine, which is not usual for me when I am not in my own bed.
The night manager was very accomodating and pleasant, and more than happy to answer any questions. There is a large convenience store just across the street that is a great place to pick up a quick snack or drink. Hood College is a very short drive away. I am glad we stopped here.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank Solasmommy
Reviewed May 27, 2008

This is an older hotel in Federick, MD that is much in need of renovating. The staff was very friendly, but the hotel was old, and seemed very dirty and had a heavy smoke smell to it. The hotel did offer a full hot breakfast in the morning, but I did not take advantage of it so I can't offer a review. I'm not a big fan of Comfort Inn hotels, so I did not expect much from this. All in all, I was still disappointed and would not stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed May 29, 2007

Average hotel, clean, but rooms could use some updating. Room had fridge and microwave. Beds were a little hard for me. I asked it they had any rooms with softer mattresses and they said no. No wireless internet but they provide a 4 ft patch cable for internet in the room. Since it is so short you must sit at the desk in this uncomfortable chair to use your laptop. When I called and asked if they had any longer cables they rudely said NO, that’s all they have.
Fitness center closes around 10 and does not open till 6 am. On the positive side the breakfast was more than typical “continental”. There was a waffle machine as well as microwave bacon, eggs and hash browns, and other things to give a variety if you are staying longer than a night. Location convenient to Ft Detrick, shopping and restaurants. My interactions with the cleaning and breakfast staff were positive, but interactions with the some of the front desk staff were not so. Stayed a week, but have now changed to a different hotel in Fredrick.

Stayed: May 2007
Reviewed September 19, 2005

We found the room very comfortable although the bath room was on the small size. The continental breakfast was sufficient with the waffles being the best option. The only negative remark was that our room (101) was next to the rear exit and the almost two dozen people (contractors I assume) that left around 6:30 Monday morning never tried to keep the door from slamming. I would have thought someone from the front desk surely could hear it and maybe an adjustment could be made to the closer. Other than that and the fact that at checkout the desk clerk did not inquire about our stay and whether we would return which every place asks , our stay was very nice.

• Stayed: September 2005, traveled on business
4  Thank Connector10048
Reviewed June 19, 2005

Sometimes I am skeptical staying at traditional comfort inns (compared to comfort suites which I think are newer). However, this does appear to be a newer hotel. The rooms are nicely furnished, nice large TV, fridge/micro. The only complaints I have is that the workspace is inadequate and cramped, and the bathroom is a little on the small size (I was in a room with two double beds so that may account for something)..It wouldn't prevent me from staying here again.

• Stayed: June 2005