“Bad Comfort Inn”

Comfort Inn Red Horse
Ranked #17 of 22 Hotels in Frederick
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The place was not very clean. People were smoking in non smoking area including the room next door to ours where it was well indicated a non smoking room at the door. Breakfast was so so. This Comfort Innwas one of the worst in the 6 Comfort Inn that we stayed during our trip over 2 months.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Michel S

Reviewed March 17, 2013

This is the second time we have stayed at this hotel on our way home from Myrtle Beach. The staff is always friendly, the rooms are clean and well kept. The breakfast was excellent and the lady who served was a charm!! CONGRATULATIONS on a great hotel!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank dklimd
Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

Good value. Room was very clean. Friendly staff. Good location. Decent breakfast. Grab the coupon at a rest area and save $25. Save $9 with an AARP or AAA card. Location is reasonably close to the downtown district. On site restaurant menu looked a bit pricey so didn't eat there.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank chusker
Reviewed December 7, 2012

I have stayed here when visiting my family for the past 15 years. My extended family has used this hotel for decades. It's a comfortable place, well maintained. A good value. The restaurant next door has a great whiskey sour. enjoy.

Room Tip: get non-smoking room; a number of construction guys stay here and the smoking rooms are really smoke...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Devilsporkchop
Reviewed July 24, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Comfort Inn Red Horse over the weekend as a quick get away spot for the first time at this location. I have NOTHING bad to say about our room. We booked the Heart shape jacazzi room. The jets were nice and warm coming out of the tub. Oh what relaxation we had. When I looked over at my husband his eyes were rolling in the back of his head. The bed was comfortable with clean bedding. I did however run home to get my pillow because I love my softy flat pillow. There was free HBO, a small loveseat which lets out to a bed, chair, desk, work station area. For a nice get away for a couple yes, yes, yes. Thing is we only a few blocks away from this spot. We don't have to spend a couple hundred a night now like at the Poconos in PA this will do for our quick get aways... Did I mention they have a full hot and cold breakfast which was even better and also the heart shape room is a smoking room but did not smell like it even though I brought a sensual candle just in case....

Room Tip: Right across the street from a gas station, food everywhere up and down the street, movie theatre, k...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Teenspeed
Reviewed July 8, 2012

i used the hotel coupons.com for $74 if you pay more its not worth it. Hallways look rundown but rooms are nice with free wifi fridge and microwave. not too noisy and good breakfast. everyone is friendly and helpful. About a mile away is the most charming town of Frederick with upscale shops and restaurants. Great to wander in.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 3, 2012

I made reservations at this hotel over a month before our stay. When we arrived after a long day of travel the desk clerk told us they were fully booked. I told him I had a reservation and showed him my confirmation email. It took him several minutes to find some paperwork which referred us to another hotel in the area. In all my years of travel in the US and other countries, I have never had a hotel do this. After seeing the condition of the parking area and lobby and the attitude of the employee, we were probably better off not staying there, but this type of treatment is unacceptable.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family