All reviewscontinental breakfasteggs and sausagebusiness travelnice staywould definitely stay here againclean roomsconvenient locationmoteleileencerealcarpetingpamicrowave
Reviewed April 16, 2012

My room and bathroom were clean and comfortable and that was fine enough for me. The housekeeping staff did a nice job. My room was initially on the first floor near the front desk, which was okay as far as noise level/foot traffic on a week night; however, it became far too noisy on the weekend. The front desk person, Mary, was kind in allowing me to switch my room to the upper floor without any problem. Some of the other staff were less communicative. No one explained where the breakfast was served, for instance, so I had to wander a little -- and I saw other guests who were equally unsure. I ended up not eating the breakfast, so I cannot comment on the food.

I am sensitive to cigarette smoke and will confirm what the other reviewers have said about having smoke seep into the non-smoking room on the first floor. The room initially smelled fresh, but as people came in and began smoking in their rooms later in the evening, I noticed it. However, I did not smell the smoke on the upper floor once my room was changed.

If you appreciate quiet, you may try to arrange for a room on the upper floor with your room opposite the highway, as traffic noise from the highway is quite prominent. If not, keeping the fan/ventilation system running drowns out some of the sound. The water pressure was lower on the top floor versus the first floor, but still sufficient. There was plenty of hot water.

If you are looking for a clean, comfortable place to stay that is conveniently located, this might be the place for you. If you are looking for complete luxury, this may not be the best fit.

Room Tip: Top floor opposite the highway is probably the quietest.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Traveler796
Reviewed November 21, 2011

Stayed here for one night with friends on a recent hunting trip to the area. Room was average and clean. Breakfast was standard for hotel fare, nice selection and everything was hot and fresh. Might not have chosen this hotel myself, but it was more than enough for one night.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank CDEW
Reviewed November 6, 2011

There was nothing really wrong with this motel. The receptionist in the evening was very friendly, as was the lady who prepared breakfast.

However, there is not much to commend the hotel. I never could access Wi-Fi, there was no lamp on the work table, and the water pressure was low in the bathroom. Also, during rush hour, the entrance to the motel is almost impossible to access.

It was an ordinary experience.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 5, 2011

My family and I stayed here for a couple of days over the summer. All I can say is that if I ever went back to Frederick MD I would stay at a different Hotel. This place is just too old, smelly and dingy!! When we came back to the hotel about 10:30pm the front door was locked and nobody was at the front desk to let us in so we had to wait until the desk person returned to let us in the hotel.....First time that ever happened to me!!!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 22, 2011

We ended up staying here because our original plans to stay at a different hotel fell through due to a power outage. There was a room available here so we decided to stay. The staff was friendly enough but the facilities were VERY outdated. Room/bathroom showed major signs of wear. Carpet looked and felt dirty. I question the cleanliness of the facility as a whole. It is also right off a highway and is VERY noisy at night. I would not choose to stay at this particular hotel again unless there were MAJOR improvements made to the facility. I would not recommend this hotel at this point in time.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family