“Wine kitchen Revisited”
Review of The Wine Kitchen

The Wine Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
The Wine Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 402 Restaurants in Frederick
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Take a right off Market St. onto Carroll Creek Way
Frederick, Maryland
“Wine kitchen Revisited”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I have visited the Wine Kitchen in Leesburg and enjoyed the wine and accompanying appetizers. Had lunch with a large group when the Frederick site opened. Loved the experience. My two daughters and I dined at the WK last evening and our experience was not as memorable. The lobster special had run out by 8 p.m.. The cheese appetizer ( 3 small pieces of cheese) with a bread basket was overpriced. Ordered an appetizer of pasta w/ mushrooms as an entree.. It was presented in a small bowl at double the appetizer price. The two orders of Rockfish were very good, however, the portions were quite small and over-priced. Our server was great. The atmosphere wecoming but we left feeling overcharged for our visit.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Jane C

Toronto, Canada
“Loved It!”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Arrived late just around the time the kitchen closes (9:00 p.m.). Wondered at first where I was going - multi-level parking just across the way, then had to go into what looked like an office building, and took elevator to first floor. Then found the restaurant (which is well signed). A lovely spot, with ample outdoor seating, friendly staff (who gently persuaded the kitchen to cook for me when they were about to close). Chose the halibut and a glass of wine. Everything was amazing. Highly recommend.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank Cheekywoman
Burke, Virginia
“Perfect small plate”
Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

We were in town for a wedding and needed to grab a bite before checking in to the hotel. We were there on a Sunday in time for brunch. I had a flight of "summer" wines...red, rose, white and the fish and polenta. Absolutely perfect! The wines were lovely and the entree exceptional. A small perfect piece of crunchy fried cod, on top of pork ragu, on top of a base of cheesy polenta...hard to imagine, but delish to eat! It's an hour from home, but I will be back!

Visited September 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“very enjoyable evening”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

4 couples drove up to Frederick for dinner at the Wine Kitchen. We where in a private room but if the weather is nice, there is sitting along the creek. Service was excellant, food was great! I had a seared tuna with okra! before that I had a very nice papperelle with grilled tomatoes. Very nice flights of wine and other spirits, including burbon, tequilla, and lots of beers. not inexpensive, but worth what we paid!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Stuart_in_DC
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Kale cooked in country ham!”
Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

Asked my server, Jennifer, to choose a "showcase" meal for me at this farm-to-table spot. The baby beets salad — with cider-poached apples & (cute!) baby gherkins — offered a lovely blend of early fall flavors. The yummy and perfectly cooked duck came next. But that poor duck lay atop a bed of kale cooked in & with country ham, which stole the show. I consider kale an endurance vegetable — but the chef created a dish one would actually choose! The wine flights provide fun & variety, and my "camping with Dean Martin" red called out for the chocolate soup dessert. What a delightful meal!

• Visited September 2013