“Perfect small plate”

The Wine Kitchen on the Creek
Reserve with OpenTable
The Wine Kitchen on the Creek is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 424 Restaurants in Frederick
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Take a right off Market St. onto Carroll Creek Way
Description: The Wine Kitchen on the Creek is a modern, seasonal style chophouse that features local, high quality cuts of meat and a farm fresh menu that includes many seafood and vegetarian options along with a dynamic wine and spirits list.
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We were in town for a wedding and needed to grab a bite before checking in to the hotel. We were there on a Sunday in time for brunch. I had a flight of "summer" wines...red, rose, white and the fish and polenta. Absolutely perfect! The wines were lovely and the entree exceptional. A small perfect piece of crunchy fried cod, on top of pork ragu, on top of a base of cheesy polenta...hard to imagine, but delish to eat! It's an hour from home, but I will be back!

Reviewed September 17, 2013

4 couples drove up to Frederick for dinner at the Wine Kitchen. We where in a private room but if the weather is nice, there is sitting along the creek. Service was excellant, food was great! I had a seared tuna with okra! before that I had a very nice papperelle with grilled tomatoes. Very nice flights of wine and other spirits, including burbon, tequilla, and lots of beers. not inexpensive, but worth what we paid!

1  Thank Stuart_in_DC
Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

Asked my server, Jennifer, to choose a "showcase" meal for me at this farm-to-table spot. The baby beets salad — with cider-poached apples & (cute!) baby gherkins — offered a lovely blend of early fall flavors. The yummy and perfectly cooked duck came next. But that poor duck lay atop a bed of kale cooked in & with country ham, which stole the show. I consider kale an endurance vegetable — but the chef created a dish one would actually choose! The wine flights provide fun & variety, and my "camping with Dean Martin" red called out for the chocolate soup dessert. What a delightful meal!

1  Thank mermaidaground
Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

Along with Ayse Meze, this is one of Frederick's best two restaurants. Tried an absolutely superb duck dish tonight and the halibut was also excellent. Our server Jennifer did a great job and made some good menu recommendations. The sampling of Spanish wines was excellent, including a tasty Tempranillo grape. This is one of our favorite places for a night out.

Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed a wonderful lunch at The Wine Kitchen yesterday during Dog Days of summer in Frederick. The food was delicious and the service was tremendous! Even my little do thoroughly enjoyed herself!