“Wonderful find, a new favorite”
Review of The Wine Kitchen

The Wine Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
The Wine Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 405 Restaurants in Frederick
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Take a right off Market St. onto Carroll Creek Way
Bethesda, Maryland
“Wonderful find, a new favorite”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Based on reviews on this site, we decided to try The Wine Kitchen for Sunday brunch. We try to find restaurants that source from local farms, and this one absolutely does.
We LOVED it. Great service, great food, very clean, excellent farm to table approach, comfortable, and just all around terrific experience. Everything we ate, and we ate way too much for just two people, was delicious and prepared excellently.

Plus, they have an excellent wine list.

A new favorite. Highly recommend them.

Livingston, New Jersey
“Fabulous Lunch @”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I just returned from a weekend trip to Frederick Maryland and wanted to give a big recommendation to Wine Kitchen. I had done some research on some of the restaurants in Frederick while planning our trip and Wine Kitchen was one of the eateries I was interested in. It was a beautiful Saturday afternoon and my wife and I were walking along the "creek" when we came upon Wine Kitchen. We quickly grabbed a seat outside and a waitress was there in a snap. She went over the food menu as well as the wine menu. We decided to go for the three course price fix which was outstanding for just $23. The setting was beautiful..right on the water and we agreed we could have been sitting anywhere in the world on that beautiful day. The great thing about the price fix at Wine Kitchen is it is not very limited at all. You can choose from starters, scheese courses, salads, entrees and desserts. We had the tuna tartar and a 3 cheese plate complete with spreads for our first courses and both were outstanding. They also have a wonderful wine list complete with wine flights starting at $9 for three samples. My wife had the bubblies and I had the whites and both were great. We then both gor the Homemade papardelle with mushrooms and I finished with rainbow trout and my wife had the mushroom strudel. All of the dishes were great and the ones were wonderful. You must stop by Wine Kitchen for lunch!!

1 Thank Wine-n-Music
Baltimore
“Excellent stop for a flight of wine”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

My wife and I were in Frederick to dine at volt and were strolling along the creek when we came upon The Wine Kitchen. I suggested that we get a glass of wine and went in. They have a nice sitting area with a sofa and chairs, away from the bar, in front of a fireplace. We each had a flight of three wines, themed, along with some killer curried cashews and nicely prepared tempura pickles. The atmosphere and decor were very inviting and we thoroughly enjoyed the wine. I look forward to another opportunity to perhaps try the dinner menu in addition to the fine wines.

1 Thank Mike28a
Baltimore, Maryland
“Wonderful food/ambiance! Can't wait to go back!”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

We just had a terrific lunch! Server was great giving us lots of options. The carrot/coconut soup was really good and we all had fish (three fish/chips and one Char). The beet salad was also
wonderful.

3 Thank 177sba
“Great eats on the Creek”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Wine Kitchen is consistently very good to excellent for service and excellent for food. Lots of local and organic choices and in good weather the option to dine al fresco. Portions are modest but very well prepared and sufficient for those who focus more on quality than a super sized meal. Prices reflect quality and fresh local ingredients. Wine selection is excellent with some moderately priced options. A definite regular in the downtown Frederick top flight restaurant circuit. On par with Tasting Room and to me preferable to Volt. It's great to have so many choices in downtown Frederick these days!

Visited May 2013