“Just Average”

Add it.
Mimis Cafe Fredrick #130
Cuisines: French
Reviewed August 20, 2014

We have tried Mimi's several times with a significant time span between visits in the hope things had improved. Sadly, mediocre is about as good as it gets! Regardless of what we want when we start, it has either been removed from the menu or they are out of it. Service is also hit or miss. On occasion service will be ok and other times there are long waits despite a half-full restaurant.

Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

Met a friend for lunch the other day. The server Nicholas was very good and very personable. The food was great. Had the strawberry walnut salad and half a tuna melt. My friend had the quiche Lorraine which was fresh and very good. Great place for lunch. Decent price and excellent service. Thank you Nicholas.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Awful. Low quality for everything we ordered. Appetizer was like one of those pre-cooked fried things from the frozen food section that had been microwaved. Dipping sauce for calamari tasted like it came from rotting tomatoes with lots of hot pepper to hide the awful taste. Salad - literally contained ice crystals, and the dressing was tasteless. Entree was barely lukewarm, so sent it back. Second try was lukewarmer, but totally unacceptable. Didn't have Beefeater gin for our martinis. The manager said she had never heard of it. Waitress could not pronounce some of the items correctly (not even close). All in all, I would rather have eaten in my old college cafeteria. No wonder there were only about 8 tables of customers there during the dinner hour (6:00 - 7:00 pm on a Wednesday evening). Stay away!!

Reviewed September 7, 2013

I went here for lunch, and was very pleased with this restaurant. The food was very good and the prices were even better. I tell people about this place all the time, and a lot of my friends also say they liked it too!

Reviewed August 20, 2013

The planned breakfast at this place was refreshing. We were greeted by the hostess and was immediately brought to our table. The waitress approach us and asked us for our drinks and if we needed more time to look at the menu and we replied yes. A little later she came back and took our order. It took about 15 minutes for the food to be served which is about right for me. We enjoyed the meal. I always make sure that experiencing it first hand before any judgement even though my colleague had a different experience when she came here. The only thing I guess was missing was the welcoming atmosphere of the server a little smile won't hurt anybody. Upon leaving the Hostess approached us and ask if it was our first visit and we replied yes. She gave us a bag of goodies and some information of the restaurant including the managers business card. We will be back!!!