“Good area restaurant” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Frederick, MD
“Good area restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

A co-worker told me about her dining experience at the Atlantic Grille so I decided to go there for dinner one night. Tony and I dined here May 21st, 2014 and had a very good meal.

I ordered the evening special: Scallops “Provencal” ($19.99). There were seven medium sized fresh seared scallops, in which they were topped with a rich and tasty bacon-tomato-butter wine sauce. I chose the rice pilaf and Caesar salad as my two sides. Everything was delicious and filling.

Tony had the king cut prime rib served with au jus (Wednesday night feature for about $24); along with onion rings and the Caesar salad. It did look like the prime rib was pre-cooked and re-warmed (not the ideal way to serve prime rib), but Tony really enjoyed it; I tasted it and it was tender and flavorful.

Wednesday night features ½ price bottles of wine, so we chose a Pinot Grigio.

I met Nathan (he manages their FB page), as I was posting on FB my food photos to the restaurant’s page. We talked for a few minutes and he appreciated my photos and comments. Our server was Billy and he was friendly and attentive.

My only negative comment is the noise level, but Nathan told me they are working out the problem. There’s a wall that divides the dining room and bar area (top half is glass or plexi-glass). We were eating dinner during a trivia game so the bar was quite loud. They plan to add a door or somehow seal off the area so that the dining room can have a quieter atmosphere.

Overall, a very nice dinner with very food and reasonable prices. Looking forward to going back for dinner, even for lunch.

• Visited May 2014

Spokane, Washington
“Was Okay for Dinner”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

I went to dinner here in a large group for a birthday celebration. When we first arrived, the dining room was empty, but there was a rowdy bunch in the bar. There were menus already on the table, which was nice because we could look at those while waiting for the rest of our party to arrive. Everyone finally arrived and the waitress, who was very friendly, gave us some extra time to look at the menu. We all placed our orders and I must say, the folks were very good about letting us all pay with separate checks. I ordered the crab nachos as an appetizer to share and the chicken chesapeake for my entree. My friend ordered the single crab cake platter. The nachos were very good and they used real crab. My salad was fresh and my baked potato was very good, but the chicken chesapeake was only so-so. I found the grilled chicken breasts to be dry along with the crab imperial that was on top of the chicken. It also tasted flat. My friend said her crab cake was very good and the steak that one of the other diners had looked good. One gal ordered the crab pretzel which she said was very good. If someone suggested going there, I would go back because I would like to try their steak, oysters and crab cake, but I can't really say it is a place I would choose first or a place I will frequent often in the future. Many locals must enjoy it, though, because over the course of the early evening, the dining room did fill up.

• Visited March 2014
frederick
“Not Consistant”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014

I have been here several times. At happy hour during football and the restaurant. The food is inconsistent. Sometimes its good and mostly Not. Good location but chef doesn't seem to be customer oriented. I assume the chef is either the owner or the manager. Except for the happy hour prices they are too pricey for what they give you. Servers are good, but not enough to make me want to come back.

• Visited January 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Essex, Maryland
“Excellent service and great food for a great price!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

My husband and I love to go to Atlantic Grille, both on date night and with the kids! The servers are always attentive and the atmosphere relaxed and professional. The menu has so much to offer for everyone's palate. The cream of crab soup is to brag about and the steaks melt in your mouth! When we bring the kids in for dinner, the kids menu is very well priced with great portion size. The kids love the food and the service is always prompt to help us get in and out. I recommend anyone in the area to stop by for some great food.

• Visited December 2013
Rockville, Maryland, USA
“Great Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2013

We have just moved to Urbana and found Atlantic Grille. It has only been a few weeks, but we have been to the bar and restuarant several times. The food and service have been great every time. The staff is usually very friendly. It is nice to have a great neighborhood place that is consistent every time you go. I hope they stay around for the long run!

• Visited December 2013