“TERRIBLE SERVICE”
Review of The Cellar Door

The Cellar Door
Reserve with OpenTable
The Cellar Door is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #74 of 407 Restaurants in Frederick
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: American-Casual Cuisine Unique Atmosphere, Food & Drink. Happy Hours - Dinner - Entertainment - Boutique Event Venue
Reviewed August 1, 2012

I WISH I COULD GIVE RATING. The service is terrible. Happy hour? by the time you get a drink happy hour is over. and last week my card was charged for a 75 dollar tab of someone else. not a big deal, right? Wrong. When I requested a reciept confirming the charge would be voided/dropped I was advised I could not have one. The waiter was rude, irate and threw my reciept in my face when asking for the managers info. The manager Richard, when I finally got a hold of him by calling repeatedly (after no call backs from voicemail left) stated he was sorry and there was nothing he could do. TERRIBLE. TERRIBLE. TERRIBLE.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

4 of us went for dinner 6:30 on a thursday.it was not busy,we got happy hour coctails but were charged full price when the bill came.some of the items we ordered they were out of.the waitress did not return to the table to see if we needed anything else before our meal came out,about45min.everyone got something different and none was happy with the meal.enough said.how about that 10 dollar hamburger?

Reviewed April 11, 2012

In a couple of trips to the Cellar Door we have had 2 good meals, 2 acceptable meals, and 2 poor meals. The service is inconsistent even on slow nights. Market street has too many good places to eat to bother with an average one.

Reviewed February 9, 2012

Owner/host very accommodating but the food is just so-so. Too many excellent restaurants nearby, wouldn't bother with this one.

Reviewed February 4, 2012

Tony and I recently dined at the Cellar Door. It's a cozy and warm restaurant located in the basement of the building. It used to be the Brown Pelican, our all time favorite restaurant in Frederick, but it closed a few years ago.

There are two sitting areas plus the bar area with a few tables. Tony and I decided to sit in the bar area for our meal. Next time we'll sit in the restaurant area, as the bar chairs were uncomfortable.

We started with the fried mozzarella appetizer, which came with roasted peppers, tomatoes and a balsamic sauce. It was very good. The breading was very light, maybe panko? ($8.50)

Tony had the Eastern Shore - a medley of seafood (fish, scallops, mussels, shrimp) with rice in a tomato and wine broth and served with garlic toast. ($26)

I had the crab-stuffed shrimp that was served with asparagus, polenta and tomato butter. ($29)

Everything was excellent, including the service! However, be warned, the portions are not huge but for us they were prefectly fine. We walked away comfortably full. No doggie bag from this place. It's definitely a place for a splurge dinner with their pricing, but well worth it! Pricing is no higher/lower than most of the other popular restaurants in Frederick.