“Great beer, good food, slow service”
Review of Roasthouse Pub

Roasthouse Pub
Ranked #31 of 407 Restaurants in Frederick
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed March 29, 2013

I really like this place, especially for the rotating list of 20 beers (and sometimes ciders). The food is pretty good, too. I've been there twice and will go back - mainly for the beer selection. The service, however, is not very good. The waitstaff spend way too much time talking to each other and regular customers at the bar and don't pay enough attention to other customers. I sat at the bar last time and the waitress walked by many times without once asking how I was doing, did I want another beer, did I like the food - pretty easy waitress kind of action. I tipped accordingly. But, like I said, I would go back for the beer and have some food to accompany it - without expecting to food to be great; just good.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Ten of us stopped for beer and dinner at 6PM on a Wednesday evening. Although the small parking lot was jammed and some of us had to park elsewhere, we had no trouble inside the small pub assembling a row of tables to seat us all. Our waiter was in command of the information needed to help guide our beer selections; interestingly, some of the 20 craft beers on tap came in 9oz glasses, some in 12 oz, and some in 16oz glasses. All of the beers we tried were excellent. Same for the food; excellent. Although the menu choices were limited; each of our orders were quite tasty. I found the Maryland Crab Soup to be top notch, plenty of crab, vegetables, and spices; definitely worth a try.

1  Thank Mike O
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Went for lunch. It was kind of expensive but you get what you pay for the food was great ad the service was great too

1  Thank Ken H
Reviewed December 13, 2012

6 of us visited Saturday at lunchtime to try a few new beers. Nicely varied 20-tap list. The food was a pleasant surprise. I had very good old bay wings, crab balls and a venison stew that just the right kick. A friend's soup order mysteriously changed to chili with no explanation. He liked it anyway.
This is a small place in a brick building, on the highway in front of a motel. Inside is well laid out and comfortable.

1  Thank Decklid18
Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

I love this place, but since the original chef left its going down hill. I am sitting at the bar 50% of the place is full. I finished my dinner 20 minutes ago, the staff have walked past me over 20 times and have not offered me a new beer, take my plate away and have placed dirty glassware around my dishes. The quality of the food is deteriorating. The beer list is fantastic. Please get your act together. Your a wonderful local establishment.

1  Thank randy o