“Evening with family” 4 of 5 stars

Sumittra
Ranked #21 of 383 Restaurants in Frederick
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
frederick, md
“Evening with family”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

The family went to celebrate a ring ceremony for our daughter entering senior year at college. Cozy setting in an old hardware store in the heart of Frederick. Plenty of parking near by. Staff was gracious with explaining menu and offered selections. Fine selection of wine and speciality drinks. Food was listed in rate of spiciness. Food was great, even for a first time Thai eater. Price was not overly high and all around the evening was very enjoyable.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank sharkytoucan

Reston, Virginia, United States
“Exceptional”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

Wonderful service and delicious food. If you're looking for vegan fare in Frederick, check out Sumittra's. My husband had Spicey Mussels and Pad Khing, I had the Vegetable Spring Rolls with Chili Sauce, Seaweed Salad with Sesame Dressing, and vegan Pad Thai with tofu. For dessert we split Sticky Rice with Mango. Every dish we had was as lovely to look at as it was delicious!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Karen H
Germantown, Maryland
“Thai-Bliss”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

My wife and I love this place. We go 2-3 times a month and we live in Germantown. From other reviews you can tell the food is outstanding. My favorite is the Chicken Kra-Pow and my wife likes the Chicken Green Curry with Eggplant. Also, the curry puffs are great. However, the best part about this family run restaurant is the staff. They are by far the most accommodating, nicest people I've ever experienced in the restaurant world. In a world where customer service is a lost art, they've got it nailed down. This place is a gem! We will always be back!

1 Thank Christian D
Frederick, Maryland
“Love it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

Really great food. Very fast and friendly service. One of my favorite spots in Frederick. I have never had anything here I didn't like, but I particuraly like the lemongrass soup, coconut soup, and the spring rolls. The crunchy to-fu was also awsome. The food comes out fast. I wish they were open all day, but they start at 4:30pm. I am writting them a good review while I wait for them to open so I can have more. Thanks Sumittra!

3 Thank Taj B
Franklin Lakes
“Pleasand dining experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Three of us enjoyed a very pleasant dinner here. Good service, excellent ambiance, and very good food. We particularly enjoyed the pad thai and the drunken noodles. Plus they have a good Thai beer. Reasonably priced. We would definitely come back.