“yummy and fast”

Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
“yummy and fast”
Reviewed May 27, 2012 via mobile

Apps were nice...fantasia duck huge! Everything was crunchy sweet and spicy delicious on our table!

1 Thank lab12345

Frederick, Maryland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Really impressed!”
Reviewed May 27, 2012

I went for restaurant week and it was a real shocker. I grew up in asia and diddnt expect to find the fantastic flavours i did at sumatra. Great thai tea and the volcano shrimp was totally beautifull. I would go there again and again
Chef, andy

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank Andrew T
DC Metro Area
“Great Thai in Frederick Right on Patrick Street”
Reviewed May 22, 2012

We love the food at Sumittra! The vegetables and seafood are fresh and portions are healthy (you will likely need a take home box). We've dined in the restaurant as well as done carry-out. Dining in, the food is beautifully presented, the restaurant is very much as the others commented-cozy and festive. On a weekend night you may have a small wait to get a table. Given it's located almost at the corner of Patrick and Market Streets in downtown Frederick it's in the heart of the boutique area with unique stores and antiques and not far from the Weinburg Theater or Carroll Creek.

We also find the carryout option great. The food is always hot and plentiful to take home. Take out or dining the service is very courteous. The menu is on their website

• Visited May 2012
virginia
“Several unexpected pleasures in Frederick”
Reviewed May 2, 2012

The creative modern/minimalist ambiance of this small Thai restaurant is quite appealing, but so is everything else about Sumittra. Long fans of Thai cuisine, we enjoyed all the offerings from soup and appetizers through the main courses and dessert (although Thai coffee was absent). The staff could not have been more welcoming and delightful. Although short, the beer list is unquestionably the best I've ever seen in an Asian restaurant, all perfectly suited to the food. Amidst the strong Belgian and domestic offerings was Weihenstephaner Hefeweissbier, considered by many to be among the very best beers in the world. It might deserve a fifth star that I reserve for the most exceptional restaurants. We will return.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank longtimefoodie
Frederick, Maryland
“Absolutely Perfect Thai Food”
Reviewed April 25, 2012

Sumittra is awesome. Everything I've had there is delicious. And I am a pretty picky food critic! The tom yum soup and ka prao dishes are some of my favorites. And the drunken noodles are the best I've ever tasted anywhere. The service is always fantastic and everyone working there is always genuinely nice. I LOVE this place and eat there frequently. I could not wait for them to open and I was not disappointed. Yummm.

• Visited April 2012