“"Served with linguine unless otherwise not"”

Nido's Little Italy Ristorante
Ranked #89 of 402 Restaurants in Frederick
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Maryland
“"Served with linguine unless otherwise not"”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

While visiting downtown historic Frederick, we ate dinner in this quaint Italian restaurant. We were slightly amused by the titled quote printed in the menu. We ordered spaghetti with meatballs and eggplant Parmesan. My eggplant was delicious, and my husband said his meatballs were good as well. We both liked the sauce. The bread was not worth the calories and the salad was primarily iceberg lettuce. We thought the entrees were reasonably priced but the juice glass of wine and the salad were a bit overpriced. The service was friendly and overall efficient, though we had to wait a while for our check. All in all, we enjoyed our meal and I would definitely go back for the eggplant.

2 Thank Teri99

Grantsville, Maryland, USA
“Good food, service, value.”
Reviewed February 8, 2012

I have been to Nido's many times over the years with very consistenly good food and service. I am confused by the negative reviews as my experience has been good. I often go with my daughter and grand-children. We always enjoy our meals. The ambience is a bit "old country" with chianti bottle candle holders, garlic hanging on the walls, and plastic grape arbor ceiling but is clean and comfortable. The service is also "old country" as the entire wait-staff seems to be very "Italian" but friendly, helpful, and informative within some language (or accent?) limitations.

Silver Spring, MD
“If you like NY style Italian food....don't eat here!”
Reviewed December 25, 2011

It amazes me that this restaurant gets high marks on other sites for its good food. I'm an Italian American, born in the Big Apple and have visited Italy many times. Trust me, this is NOT good southern Italian food! Everything is inundated in a tomato sauce that has a heavy predominance of sage. (sage? in southern Italian sauce??)
The service is attentive and the price is fair, but as for the food....go elsewhere!

• Visited December 2011
Nidosristorante, Owner at Nido's Little Italy Ristorante, responded to this review, November 30, 2014
Hi! We are the new owners of Nido's as of July 1, 2014. We are sorry that you had a bad experience prior to this date. We have read your review as well as others and value your comments and suggestions. Nido's has been a Frederick tradition for 27 years and we are hoping to add a shining new twist to this classic. We look forward to serving you for the next 27 years and beyond!!
washingtondc
“Pros and Cons”
Reviewed December 9, 2011

This is a restaurant in the heart of historic downtown Frederick which is bigger inside than it looks outside. Several small rooms down narrow hallways. Tables set for 6 are actually better suited for 4...6 is too snug. Our waiter was a true Italian but hard to understand. ( and i had Italian grandparents that I could understand! ). The wonderful aromas met you before the front door was opened. The marinara sauce was excellent! I ordered the Eggplant Parmesana....was good but not a big portion. When I make it,my portions are higher. It came with 2 link sausages...rather dull in flavor. To be perfectly honest, Johnsonville Sweet Italian sausage from the grocery store is much more flavorful. Everything is alacarte...salad is considered an appetizer at a separate charge. Garlic bread too. What did come at no extra charge was a small loaf of cold Italian bread.Not anything special. I orderd a glass of White Zinfindel wine...served in a small juice glass. I was expecting stemware. My adult son ordered the Shrimp Alfredo Fettucine...he said Olive Garden's is better but this was still good.. My husband loved the seafood medley with fettucine and marinara sauce. 3 fo us...I was othe only one who got a wine and salad....total $73!!! We get more for the money at the chain Italian restaurants.

Atlanta, Georgia
“Avoid”
Reviewed August 7, 2011

I've tried to have a meal in this place 4 or 5 times in the past 10-12 years.
Each time it just got worse and worse.
I ordered an antipasto salad. The waiter brings a plate of pickle slices (for hamburgers) and pickled cauliflower. He says that they are all out of salami and provolone!
What kind of Italian Restaurant runs out of salami or provolone cheese!?
The bread is horrendous, served with "spread"...yuck!
If saw several customers resort to refilling their own glasses, service was pretty much non-existent.

• Visited September 2010