“yummy food”

Monrovia, Maryland
“yummy food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

Seafood
I would recommend the cheesy garlic biscuits I go there just for the biscuits they are delicious it was renovated about 6 months ago

• Visited April 2013

Maryland
“Love, love, love Boston Iced Tea”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

Whenever we go to Red Lobster we always have a good experience! Go early crowds can make the wait much longer than we desire.
Food it awesome and so is the service!
Try a Boston Ice Tea when you go!

Visited December 2013
Frederick, Maryland
“Roaming around my Rock Lobster (3.3 out of 5)”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014

So I found myself recently back again at this full-service seafood chain restaurant in Frederick. This was not by my choice, but rather a family member picked it for their birthday meal so I joined in the celebration. Just like back in September of 2013, we had the same server but unlike our last visit, this time we were given silverware. We were seated in a booth by the window which was nice but a bit chilly from the lower temperatures of the outside wilderness. Our server was very diligent about clearing our table after each course. She was also very professional and proper; much improved from our last visit.

I ordered the Harborside Lobster &Shrimp ($24.99), which includes a rock lobster tail, shrimp scampi, grilled skewered shrimp, and two sides of my choice, rice pilaf and a baked potato. I wished they offered these shrimp choices with a Maine lobster tail, but that's not the case. I was stuck with the tougher to chew, second rate rock lobster tail. I wonder where they fetched that from. The shrimp choices were both good as I had hoped as was the baked potato. The rice pilaf was an afterthought as I didn't care to touch it. There's no telling where that had been and for how long. A Budweiser ($3.89) went down good with this meal.

This restaurant brings you the check with suggested tip amounts of 15%, 18%, and 20% printed on it for your convenience. There's free parking, and for your birthday you may be given a small cake and ice cream for free while getting serenaded the Happy Birthday song in full on embarrassing but required fashion like we were. A downside of eating at one of these chain restaurants such as this is they don't take reservations. Therefore, if you plan to dine on a Saturday night, you'll want to arrive at around 5 PM unless you are comfortable with waiting for a table.

• Visited January 2014
Thurmont, Maryland
“Pleasantly Surprised”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013

Recently dined at the Red Lobster on Route 40 and was pleasantly surprised by all things at the restaurant in the way of appearance [inside], I haven't been there for ages and menu items. They have a 4 course meal offering for under $20 which is in my opinion is a great deal for the price. You get soup, salad, your entrée and dessert. The choices are good and the portions are full size. Our waitress {Melissa} was both knowledgeable and attentive as well as very pleasant. My wife And I enjoyed the same 4 course offering with my getting fried shrimp and she got the garlic grilled shrimp. Both of us enjoyed our meals, and will definitely return again in the future.

• Visited November 2013
Frederick, Maryland
“Poor Customer Service and Value (2.4 out of 5)”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

Our service was poor. We arrived around 4 PM on a Saturday and there was hardly any other customers there. However, there were plenty of waiters standing around talking to each other waiting for the dinner rush. We were sat at a table. No silverware was given. We ordered drinks and they were brought to us. No silverware was given. We ordered our meals and our waitress brought us our soup and salad and told us to enjoy. No silverware was given. How are we supposed to enjoy? Did she want us to eat with our hands? Of course she disappeared when we realized there was no silverware to eat with. So, I stood up and tried to flag down one of the many waiters that weren't serving any customers. There were like three exchanging parting pleasantries with a family leaving. None of them would pay me any attention. So, I eventually flagged down the hostess and asked her for some silverware. She was great and brought us out something to eat within no time.

I ordered the Endless Shrimp deal since it was expiring at the end of the month and I've never had it before. My salad was fine, my baked potato was fine and my Shrimp Scampi was good. The Spicy Soy-Wasabi Grilled Shrimp over wild rice pilaf was disappointing as it was not spicy and there was hardly any rice served to me. I finished these two dishes and ordered another round of Garlic Shrimp Scampi and a Shrimp Linguini Alfredo. Yet more poor service as I had to wait a good while before the Shrimp Scampi was brought out to me and even longer for the Linguini Alfredo. The Linguini Alfredo looked like it was literally slopped together and didn't taste very good. I had a few bites and pushed it away. I had enough with this place, their lack of even average service and mediocre food.

What they charge for what we got was criminal. When we first sat down one of the only other parties had a crying baby and, of course, we were sat right across from them. We couldn't hear each other at our table until they left. We didn't get a visit from anyone special like a manager. We weren't told to come back soon.

The general manager here needs to train her wait staff on better customer service. This is the worst Red Lobster experience I've ever had.

• Visited September 2013

Been to Red Lobster? Share your experiences!