“Poor Customer Service and Value (2.4 out of 5)”
Review of Red Lobster

Red Lobster
Ranked #104 of 402 Restaurants in Frederick
Cuisines: Seafood
Frederick, Maryland
“Poor Customer Service and Value (2.4 out of 5)”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Our service was poor. We arrived around 4 PM on a Saturday and there was hardly any other customers there. However, there were plenty of waiters standing around talking to each other waiting for the dinner rush. We were sat at a table. No silverware was given. We ordered drinks and they were brought to us. No silverware was given. We ordered our meals and our waitress brought us our soup and salad and told us to enjoy. No silverware was given. How are we supposed to enjoy? Did she want us to eat with our hands? Of course she disappeared when we realized there was no silverware to eat with. So, I stood up and tried to flag down one of the many waiters that weren't serving any customers. There were like three exchanging parting pleasantries with a family leaving. None of them would pay me any attention. So, I eventually flagged down the hostess and asked her for some silverware. She was great and brought us out something to eat within no time.

I ordered the Endless Shrimp deal since it was expiring at the end of the month and I've never had it before. My salad was fine, my baked potato was fine and my Shrimp Scampi was good. The Spicy Soy-Wasabi Grilled Shrimp over wild rice pilaf was disappointing as it was not spicy and there was hardly any rice served to me. I finished these two dishes and ordered another round of Garlic Shrimp Scampi and a Shrimp Linguini Alfredo. Yet more poor service as I had to wait a good while before the Shrimp Scampi was brought out to me and even longer for the Linguini Alfredo. The Linguini Alfredo looked like it was literally slopped together and didn't taste very good. I had a few bites and pushed it away. I had enough with this place, their lack of even average service and mediocre food.

What they charge for what we got was criminal. When we first sat down one of the only other parties had a crying baby and, of course, we were sat right across from them. We couldn't hear each other at our table until they left. We didn't get a visit from anyone special like a manager. We weren't told to come back soon.

The general manager here needs to train her wait staff on better customer service. This is the worst Red Lobster experience I've ever had.

• Visited September 2013

Germantown, Maryland
“A Red Lobster worth the visit.”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I enjoyed dining at Red Lobster at this location, it has a really good wait staff, and the service was decent too. Try the Shrimp Fest there, it is a good value and I enjoyed it very much.

• Visited September 2013
Charles Town, West Virginia
“A Good Meal”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Tender, pretty tasty seafood at reasonable prices makes for a pleasurable, though not exceptional dinning experience.

Visited October 2012
Harrisonburg, Virginia
“Typical Red Lobster”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We dined early on a Sunday and they didn't have enough wait staff so we had to wait about 10 minutes for a table in an 25% full restaurant, but other than that, typical Red Lobster food. Our server Maria was very good, after the wait she was triple sat with 10 people but took care of all three tables as if she was only serving one! Thanks Maria.

Visited September 2013
Hagerstown, Maryland, Usa
“Great food and service”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I ate there on a Sat afternoon, got there aroung 3pm and was able to get right in. Whe we left at 5 the place was starting to get packed. The food was great and the waitstaff was very quick and friendly. Even the kitchen manager came out to see if everything was ok. We Kept them on there toes with the all you an eat shrimp. They kept them comming and did not have to wait. This Red Lobster the whole staff was great from the time we were greeted by the host, the servers and when we where told to come back again soon when we left.

• Visited August 2013