“Great food for a great price”
Review of Black Hog BBQ

Black Hog BBQ
Ranked #3 of 405 Restaurants in Frederick
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 28, 2014

The pulled pork, the ribs, beef brisket and the chicken are all winners. Love the burgers too. We eat here once a week. Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday there are great food and drink specials. The staff is always friendly and the meals always come out quick. Sometimes it will get a bit crowded - a testament to the good food. If it is too busy, order carry out and walk over to the park and eat outside.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

With the influx of this type of restaurant across the country,everyone seems to have found a favorite. Add me to that list and the Black Hog being my favorite. My wife and I have been to many of what others have called the best and found none better then the Black Hog. Their brisket is by far the best I have ever had and the pork and ham are on an equal. Sure is nice to have this restaurant about 10 minutes from my house. Out of town visitors will find Frederick to be a wonderful place to walk off the meal as it is a vibrant downtown area.

Reviewed May 19, 2014

When I am in Frederick I try to grab lunch at the Black Hog. I like their two meat lunch (choice of two different meats). Great BBQ!
Always Excellent!

Reviewed May 12, 2014

My husband and I feel this is some of very best pulled pork we have ever eaten and we do get around! The ribs aren't too our liking but we have friends who enjoy them. Nice sides. It's usually quite busy, so you may have a wait.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

I am not quite sure what the hype is about this place...maybe our standards are too high, but I think the food was terrible and quite frankly I think they are trying to do too many different styles of BBQ. I'd pick a few and focus on those. From my understanding the owner runs several other resturants- hopefully those are better! The staff was very friendly but the food was subpar. I saw a lot of hype about their Mac n' Cheese- it was just okay. And their coleslaw is practically pureed baby food. If you're looking for good BBQ you could probably get it off your own grill at home or try Famous Daves...WAY better.

2  Thank RifleGirl28