“A hog and more”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

BBQ was a lost art in Frederick until Black Hog came to town. This hole in the wall joint cooks up a mean barbecue from different regions of the country. You can get North Carolina style, Kansas City style, Texas brisket, and other variations that will suit your palate. I love the sides, especially the greens with some hot sauce.

Soon to expand on the north side of town, Black Hog will be the best barbecue institution in Frederick and I highly recommend it

Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

You can't go wrong with any of the meats on their menu and most of the sides are good too. The collard greens are gross but the beans and macaroni and cheese are delicious.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

I am a big fan of their dry rub ribs, collard greens and cole slaw and my husband always gets the brisket sandwich...haven't had a bad meal yet

Reviewed April 10, 2014

Barbecue and Frederick, MD are two things that don't normally come to mind, but you'll be pleasantly surprised when you go to Black Hog BBQ. My husband and I stopped for a late lunch on a recent long weekend trip to Frederick. It's definitely not fancy - food is served on wax paper on a plastic tray - but it's delicious. I got the combo platter with pulled pork and brisket. My husband ordered the rack of ribs. We both were stuffed. They also have a great selection of craft beers. Definitely recommend this place!

Reviewed April 2, 2014

I have been to the Black Hog at least 10 times since they opened.. I usually go to the Market Street location, but have been to Urbana, and believe another location is coming. I usually start with the wings - great. I always have dry rubbed ribs and find them to be excellent. I have had the other offerings - brisket, pulled pork, sausage, ham, chicken - all quality. The sides are good as well. The greens are good. A great BBQ place.