“excellent”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
NY
“excellent”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

we had ribs and chicken. we had french fries and brown beans with cornbread. some of the best barbecue we have ever had and service was fast and efficient.

• Visited July 2013

Gaithersburg
“Pig Out At the Black Hog”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Anyone in search of savory brisket, ribs or barbecue needs to seek this small and crazily crowded joint on South Market Street, just a few blocks south of the Carroll Park Canal. Quick and efficient take-out service for those on the go. If you have more time grab a table or a spot at the small bar in the back. Check their website for a 50% off birthday deal.

The only disappointment is that they are closed Sunday. Even hogs gotta rest.

• Visited July 2013
“Tasty!”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

If this place is #12 in Frederick, I need to visit the others. We stopped in on our way from Gettysburg to DC. It wasn't too far off the highway and the meal was delicious. They had a rib deal during our stop. They were some of the best ribs I've had in years. Lots of meat, great sauce. Kids loved their Mac 'n Cheese and cheeseburger. Cozy atmosphere and friendly service.

Visited July 2013
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
“Great addition to downtown fare”
Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Two hungry hiker/campers on their way home to Baltimore wanted to try a new restaurant. We have been in a Brewers
Alley "rut" for too long. We made a fine choice at the Black Hog. The place is very clean, servers were extremely friendly and helpful. There was a great selection of sandwiches, plates and sides....all at very good prices. Adequate beer & wine list. I had the ham sandwich and my wife had the chicken platter. Beans and slaw on the side...all good. Just one suggestion...add a BBQ chicken sandwich for the non-pork and red meat eaters. (My wife doesn't like to deal with bones).

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Larry L
Herndon, Virginia
“Yum!”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

My husband and I ordered take out while passing through Frederick on our way home from visiting Gettysburg. I called ahead and placed our order. When I mentioned that we were taking the food back to Virginia, I was told that they would wrap the meat and bread for our sandwiches separate to keep them from getting soggy. Nice touch. When we arrived at the restaurant about 15 minutes later our order was waiting for us. Later in the evening we heated up our dinner of Smoked Beef Brisket Sandwich, BBQ Pork Shoulder Sandwich, Macaroni and Cheese, Baked Beans and Cole Slaw (we didn't heat the cole slaw). Everything was very good. If passing through Frederick again, would definitely stop.

• Visited June 2013