“Best BBQ in these parts”
Review of Black Hog BBQ

Black Hog BBQ
Ranked #2 of 407 Restaurants in Frederick
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I vacation every year in the south for the great food and hospitality. It's something you don't get in the north until last Friday when I visited the Black Hog for lunch. Instantly greeted and chose our seats. The waitress was on the ball and very sweet. She explained in detail the difference of the two different Carolina BBQ's that were offered. I personally like Carolina BBQ, but don't worry, they have all types. The food arrives quickly on these awesome buns and the coleslaw was soo good. If your every in Frederick or passing through, please stop there and get the best food. Their feeding times are 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.

1  Thank michelemejia

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Great food! Great service!!! This was the first restaurant we had dinner in when we arrived in Frederick and were very pleased!

Reviewed June 3, 2013

had the ribs this past weekend and everyone at the table loved the great mixture of spice in the sauce.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised that being near Baltimore I was able to find a more traditional barbecue place to eat instead of having to travel south or head to Texas :).

Overall I was happy with my experience. I ordered a full rack of ribs which were seasoned well in my opinion, and cooked well also (not quite fall off the bone, but easily picked clean from the bone). A little spice hidden in the sweet sauce that made it different from say, a larger chain restaurant's ribs. They also have more barbecue sauces to cater to different tastes.

It is a cool, laid back atmosphere and the service was good. They forgot to bring out one of my sides, but as soon as I let them know they made every effort to make it right.

Free parking next to/behind the restaurant, and a small cluster of tables for outdoor seating.

I would definitely go back to try something else. They also serve alcohol, which is always a plus :P

Reviewed May 15, 2013

Black Hog has some tasty BBQ. The sauces are delicious. Portions could be amped up a little though. Especially sides. Service is kind of blah. Very limited seating so you may want to consider carryout. Free parking beside the building so don't be put off by the downtown location.