“Good BBQ but need to lower the prices”
Review of Black Hog BBQ

Black Hog BBQ
Ranked #2 of 407 Restaurants in Frederick
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 18, 2012

This is a good place. We've been here a couple of times. BBQ is amazing but prices could go down a bit. Drinks are delicious. Service is a bit slow but then again, they are always busy (at least when we come). We always need a take out box.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

BBQ here is outstanding. The food is amazing, in portions you could be buried in. Smokey tang of the sauce makes you want to bring a bucket to take it home, and the sides are prime Southern cooking. If you eat only one meal in Frederick, make it here. The pulled pork sandwiches are phenomenal, and the BBQ ribs and chicken are worth getting sauce not only on your face, but on everything you're wearing. Wings are incredible, and all the food is so good it would make a Texan trade in his truck just to taste one more piece of brisket.

1  Thank WhereDoIGoNow
Reviewed August 17, 2012

I've eaten a lot of barbecue in my lifetime starting in Alabama. Now, I guess every state has its way and I can appreciate all barbecue, but the pulled pork sandwich here was extra special as it reminded me of samwiches I had as a student at the University of Alabama. Soft white bread bun. Meat piled high and a lighter, thinner sauce. The meat was excellent and the sauce good enough to want to carry some of it home. I had coleslaw which was great and my son had the mac n cheese which he said was top notch. He had searched out a value-priced 4-star restaurant on Yelp as we were on our way from Gettysburg to Washington DC. Glad to discover the Black Hog and sorry it's so far away from the western suburbs of Chicago.

Reviewed August 15, 2012 via mobile

Our first visit we were unsure and had to ask if we should seat ourselves. We were pointed to a table where we waited for menus. The atmosphere is'nt fancy, the food is kind of pricey, but very good! The plate is VERY filling without the extras of the platter. The beans were great, the southern style greens are much better than any I've had down south! The mac and cheese, ribs, wet and dry are very tasty (the dry are spicier) the mac and cheese is very good. The chicken is awesome with the mustard! Each plate included a very nice portion of cornbread. Our family was happy, we took home leftovers. We'll be back.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

I sat at the small bar around 10 seats and ordered the BBQ Smoked Beef Brisket with fresh cut fries. . Very tender and tasted great. The lady tending bar was very nice and helpful.