“Awesome BBQ”

Black Hog BBQ
Ranked #4 of 398 Restaurants in Frederick
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Newberry, Florida
“Awesome BBQ”
Reviewed July 29, 2011

Great BBQ Nothing fancy but the Smoked sausage man oh man were great!

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank Patricia_lenahan

Frederick, MD
“Top notch food, service, atmosphere -- and FUN!”
Reviewed June 29, 2011

Gotta try the sausage. A very professionally operated restaurant which is such a pleasure! They really know what they're doing. Brisket is excellent. Sides for the most part are above average. The service is a real treat. This is a professional wait staff. Just plain fun, and highly recommended for a place to take your out of town guests. Unusual, and NOT a chain.

• Visited June 2011
1 Thank Sharoo32
Pennington, New Jersey
“Food was very good!”
Reviewed June 22, 2011

This place is very casual, a bit noisy and crowded. But the food was very good! I had chicken and brisket and chose mac n cheese and cole slaw for my sides--it was all delicious. And the corn bread was good, too.

I guess the only complaint I have is that the food came out so fast there seemed ot be some pressure to eat and run. I wanted to visit with my friend, so I felt rushed.

Another bonus, they have a parking lot behind the restaurant!

Visited June 2011
1 Thank chocoholic2
Orange Park, Florida
“Amazing BBQ for the North”
Reviewed June 13, 2011

I was shocked when I came here. I am from the South and this place was amazing. I have been to BBQ places all over FL/GA and this place is one of the best ones I have been to. The best BBQ I have ever eaten is at a place in Jacksonville, FL called Mojo's. Black Hog is almost just as good. Black Hog meat is awesome...where they lack is their sauces. They don't offer a spicy BBQ sauce and some of the sauces are lacking...but very good still. The pulled pork was the best I have ever eaten...better than Mojo's. The ribs were not that good. I also tried the Arkansas Beef...it was OK. The Beef Brisket was wonderful!! The carolina chopped pork was great also. It's great to find a place with some good sweet tea up north as well. They know how to make some great sweet tea.

• Visited June 2011
1 Thank jasonc001
Frederick, Maryland, USA
“Food is good, but restaurant is very noisy.”
Reviewed May 29, 2011

Natives of Frederick, we tried this relatively new bbq restaurant in May. It is in downtown Frederick, which affords a great walking venue after your meal. Parking can be tough downtown, but Black Hog has its own parking lot.

We went at 5:10 on a Friday, and the place - which is small - was already full. The crowds never died down. That is great for them, but it made for a very noisy meal. For that alone, I would not return. It was, honestly, difficult to hear the person across the table from me.

The menu offers everything you could want in a bbq place, and we all had something different. Raves went to the dry ribs, brisket, and sausage. I had pulled pork, and almost half of it was fat, so I did not enjoy my meal. Do not order the pork, or at least be forewarned. The meat servings are not overly generous, but they are not skimpy either. The sides are somewhat scant. Everyone tried a different side, and all were good. 4 different bottled sauces are on the table.

A sandwich with one side is $10. The platters are $12 for one meat, $14 for two. Chicken costs slightly less.

• Visited May 2011