“Freshly Prepared Indian Food”
Review of Delhi 6

Delhi 6
Ranked #95 of 404 Restaurants in Frederick
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 18, 2013

The food here takes a while to come to the table so if you're in a hurry, remember it will take time. However, the reason is that the food is freshly prepared so this is a good thing! Four star instead of five for me is because when it was Nilgiris, there were white linen tablecloths, regular friendly wait staff and a manager who greeted patrons at the door. Now Delhi 6 seems a bit more basic in decor and less elegant. My husband and I used to go here for special occasions and it felt romantic. Now the TV is on in the bar area, the lighting is a bit harsh and there seems to be fewer tables in the middle? (Hard to explain.) However, if you want to bring your family here and you have younger kids, they would be fine. It's still good food and right near the Common Market so we like to eat an early dinner and then walk over there to get some groceries and to enjoy a smoothie for dessert.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

My sons and I went to restaurant tonight. I must say their indo-Chinese is sub par - none of the garlicky fare one is used to. The goat/chicken dishes were not too exciting either. There are better restaurants like Kabob & Curry in Frederick. The prices were average. The lassi was a little too sweet.
We did have a great conversation specially about the gorgeous decor.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

This is one of our favorite restaurants in Frederick. Next time, We're bringing friend. I recommend that you do the same!

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Delhi 6 is one of my favorite restaurants in Frederick. I've been there many times, over the past year, and went back afor dinner last night.

We ordered the Assorted Platter appetizer, which was a delicious sampling of chicken, lamb, and fried vegetables. The chicken that comes with this appetizer is FANTASTIC. I've had it a few times, and every time, the chicken was hot, juicy, perfectly cooked, and very flavorful.

I also had the Paneer Tikka Masala, which was ok. The masala sauce isn't the same every time I order it. Last night, it was lighter in color, and a little bland. Sometimes, the masala sauce at Delhi 6 is outstanding, but last night's wasn't as good as I expected.

Overall, I gave Delhi 6 a 4 out of 5 rating, instead of 5, because the food is a little inconsistent, and the booths are uncomfortable (backs are not sturdy, and they move a lot when someone is sitting in the next booth). I will definitely visit this restaurant again, and will most likely order the mouth watering Tandoori Chicken.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

Delhi 6 is amazing, authentic indian food. the spices are perfectly balance and the ambiance is lovely. I've been there twice now and always bring new people who all fall in love with it, even people who claim to not like Indian food. The Thali is a great assortment of everything, but beware, it's a lot of food!