“Charming!”

Ranked #11 of 407 Restaurants in Frederick
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: This is a wonderful Italian restaurant. Mr. Cruz and his staff do a splendid job with food and service. I highly recommend it.
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Delicious food, excellent service, charming ambiance. Definitely worth a visit on your next visit to Frederick.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

My wife and I recently visited Il Porto for lunch. It's a very comfortable setting, very attentive service and the food was great. Our waiter was friendly and very knowledgable of the menu and explained in detail what each dish consisted of. The serving size for lunch was very generous and reasonable priced. We enjoyed our lunch and have plans to return for dinner one day.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Visited with a friend on a rainy Sunday evening. The food is very good and very reasonably priced. I had the sausage with eggplant and received two Italian sausages and a large slice of non breaded eggplant rich with mozzarella and Parmesan cheese covered in tomato sauce. This is usually served with pasta which I declined and had spinach sauteed with garlic in olive oil. My friend had what was listed on the menu as "chicken Romano", It was not the classic recipe but rather a chicken Marsala with cream added topped with mozzarella. My friend gave the dish 2 thumbs up!
The food was really good as was the gelato I had for desert. The one unfortunate item was the espresso which was more like Turkish coffee than the Italian standard. Despite that one unfortunate item, this is a very good spot for dinner. You won't be disappointed.....unless you love espresso!

Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

I went here with my sister's family. We were a large group of nine but we were easily accommodated. The wait staff was very nice although they forgot about some of our drinks. They seemed a little stressed tending to our big group with kids. But this was a small detail and they stayed on top of all our needs the whole evening.
The food is nice. Certainly not your big box Italian restaurant kind. I has the pasta carbonara and it was a little different from what I've had before. Very strong but good. If you don't like bacon and onion then stay away from this plate. My wife had the risotto and it was good too. My son had the fettuccine Alfredo and it was VERY good, way above average.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Located in the heart of Frederick. Chosen based on reviews. Charming little place. Enjoyed a glass of the Sangria special followed by my favorite linguini with clams still in their shell. Simple & delicious. My daughter enjoyed her fettucini with Alfredo sauce and let me sample her delicious Tiramisu. A very pleasant evening meal.

Been to Il Porto? Share your experiences!