“Linguini, Clams & tiramisu”
Review of Il Porto

Il Porto
Ranked #12 of 407 Restaurants in Frederick
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: This is a wonderful Italian restaurant. Mr. Cruz and his staff do a splendid job with food and service. I highly recommend it.
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Located in the heart of Frederick. Chosen based on reviews. Charming little place. Enjoyed a glass of the Sangria special followed by my favorite linguini with clams still in their shell. Simple & delicious. My daughter enjoyed her fettucini with Alfredo sauce and let me sample her delicious Tiramisu. A very pleasant evening meal.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

This was our first visit to Il Porto and probably our last. Our waiter started out okay, but spiraled down when we got our food. First my Chicken Marsala was puny in portion size and not worth the $14 it cost. It was supposed to come with pasta, but had to ask to get it. When we did get it, it was covered in red sauce. Never had Marsala with red sauce. One of our dining partners had the clams linguine with white sauce but said the top was dried out (under heat lamp). Another person in our party had ordered the Spinach Ravioli, when it arrived we were alerted to not eat it by the table next to us, as they had received the dish in error and someone had eaten off of it. Apparently the kitchen had just turned around and sent back out the same dish. Disgusting. She reordered a completely new dish. When the bill arrived it was a bigger fiasco! Basically they tried to pull one over on us with the bill and the manager was careless to the whole situation. Horrible place run by horrible people.

PS- Portions are tiny and everything cost extra, would rather go to a chain with this quality.

3  Thank JacksonJeep
Reviewed May 9, 2013

My husband and I had dinner there on a weekday at about 5PM. The decor was alright. We were seated by a corner window which was nice. Music playing was wonderful. Everything is ala carte. Salad is considered an appetizer $4.50. Olive Gardens salad that comes with meal at no extra charge is much better. Hot garlic bread is very nice...but extra charge $2.50. For free tho, after you order the garlic bread, they bring you cold bread with oil and grated cheese. No herbs for dipping...no butter. I had veal piccata...very good..loved the sauce. With side of linguine. My husband and a seafood medley on top of linguine.One piece of mussel was down right rotten, They did reduce his price by $3. Honestly, we would rather go to Carrabbas or Olive Garden. Some man was going around trying to advertise his $30 a bottle wine. No thank you!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Small, cozy with great atmosphere to enjoy your time until fabulous meal (good portion) meal arrives. Homemade bread is VERY good.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

The menu is your basic, run of the mill Italian. The food is very good as well as the service. The calamari was done perfect. The Lasagna just average.

2  Thank Mike P

Been to Il Porto? Share your experiences!