“Good Italian food”

Ranked #15 of 402 Restaurants in Frederick
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: This is a wonderful Italian restaurant. Mr. Cruz and his staff do a splendid job with food and service. I highly recommend it.
New York City, New York
“Good Italian food”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The menu is your basic, run of the mill Italian. The food is very good as well as the service. The calamari was done perfect. The Lasagna just average.

Visited April 2013
2 Thank Mike P

Baltimore, Maryland
“Nice Place, Decent Food”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

We met up at Il Porto for a casual mid-week dinner. There were very few guests on this evening. The place is authentic and I could tell because I struggled to understand the waiter through a very thick accent. Drink orders were taken and we enjoyed some wonderful warm bread with dipping oil. Dinners were solid, and although my meat ravioli was tasty, the portion size was pretty small (waiter had told me it was "lighter" that the lasagna....I will try that instead next time). We ended with the tiramisu and it was excellent..one of the best I have ever eaten. My only real complaint about the evening was that we felt rushed throughout, with my wife's plate getting cleared before she was even done. When the restaurant is so empty, why would you rush to get a table cleared? Beyond the un-even service, the food is quite good and I would recommend it as a good choice for Italian in Frederick.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank BaltyBob
Frederick, Maryland
“My Favorite”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

This is the best food I have ever eaten in my life. Period. If you like Italian, this is your place. It isn't a chain, so it is amazing! Cozy and charming!

Visited January 2013
2 Thank Chelsea R
Middletown, Maryland, United States
“Good food and service”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We went to Il Porto late Saturday evening, and though it was extremely busy, we were greeted and seated promptly. The table was presented nicely with a white tablecloth and napkin, and fresh flowers in a vase. Our waiter was very friendly and efficient, and our food was served timely. The cheese ravioli was delicious, and the marinara sauce was mildly seasoned. My husband ordered veal parmigiana which he thoroughly enjoyed. We ordered the fried zucchini as an appetizer, and while it was very good, it could benefit from some dipping sauce. The bread basket had a nice variety of ciabatta and crusty breads. Overall a great experience - we will continue to visit Il Porto for great Italian food.

• Visited January 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great Italian”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

A wonderful atmosphere for an Italian dinner! The food is delicious! I would go there over other Italian restaurants every time.

Visited March 2012