“My Favorite”

Ranked #12 of 409 Restaurants in Frederick
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: This is a wonderful Italian restaurant. Mr. Cruz and his staff do a splendid job with food and service. I highly recommend it.
Reviewed January 11, 2013

This is the best food I have ever eaten in my life. Period. If you like Italian, this is your place. It isn't a chain, so it is amazing! Cozy and charming!

2  Thank Chelsea R

Reviewed January 6, 2013

We went to Il Porto late Saturday evening, and though it was extremely busy, we were greeted and seated promptly. The table was presented nicely with a white tablecloth and napkin, and fresh flowers in a vase. Our waiter was very friendly and efficient, and our food was served timely. The cheese ravioli was delicious, and the marinara sauce was mildly seasoned. My husband ordered veal parmigiana which he thoroughly enjoyed. We ordered the fried zucchini as an appetizer, and while it was very good, it could benefit from some dipping sauce. The bread basket had a nice variety of ciabatta and crusty breads. Overall a great experience - we will continue to visit Il Porto for great Italian food.

Reviewed December 19, 2012

A wonderful atmosphere for an Italian dinner! The food is delicious! I would go there over other Italian restaurants every time.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Went as part of a large, confused group--many people, many ages, many preferences. The wait staff waited, suggested, assisted and served us well. Food was good with many dishes and various price points. Delicious sangria - fresh fruit and good flavor (not soggy, old fruit). I recommend this restaurant if you find yourself on that end of Frederick, a little bit off the beaten path. (Note - I lived in Italy and grew up with a huge group of Italian Americans so I know Italian food. I'm not giving out four stars willy-nilly. Food was really 3.5 stars, because the lettuces could've been more interesting, and tomato slices more lovely, but the sauces are worthy of four stars. We were treated really well by everyone in the place and our large group was accomodated perfectly.)

Reviewed November 13, 2012

Il Porto...is a nice little Italian restaurant with excpetional service. We enjoyed a Friday night dinner there with all the tables full which made for a loud dining experience. The ambiance of the old building means poor acoustics...but it was a small price to pay for dining in the historic building.

The menu is nothing out of the ordinary and the food is very good. We started with nice house salads and Italian bread dipped in olive oil. The bread was so-so...it could have been better, but my waistline was probably spared some expansion since I did not over do the bread!

The service is exceptional and the waitstaff is most accommodating. I had a special request since I am allergic to shrimp...and they were happy to substitute clams in the Fra Diablo. The sauce was tasty with a little kick...but not too spicy.

Been to Il Porto? Share your experiences!