“one of my favorites in Frederck”
Review of Mexicali Cantina

Mexicali Cantina
Ranked #82 of 406 Restaurants in Frederick
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 11, 2013

I'm from and grew up in California. When I moved to the east coast I just started making my own Mexican food since there were very few good options in Frederick. Mexicali Cantina, a very comfortable place with excellent food, has given me a break from my own cooking. One of my favorite places to go!

There are newer reviews for Mexicali Cantina

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Great upscale Mexican/Latin American/Peruvian food. First time I've been in a Mex. restaurant that had white cloth tablecloths. Pricy compared to Mexican restaurants but well worth it. Great drinks. Very friendly, knowledgeable, attentive staff.
If you feel like Mexican or Latin American/Peruvian when in Frederick skip the others and go here.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

Food is fresh, atmosphere is festive, but not overdone. Wait staff are very professional and attentive. I like that you can dine in one of several separate rooms.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

The food was really good and the joint was jumpin'. The homemade chips and salsa were great. We will definitely go back.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Super, low-key, great food. Mariachi music some Saturdays, plus private rooms (tiny ones...how fun!)